IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Excel & Me Part 2

Options
123457»

Comments

• safarmuk
    safarmuk Posts: 648 Forumite
    edited 4 September 2017 at 3:26PM
    Options
    Depending on your situation with respect to this PCN (I haven't had time to skim the whole thread again) ... you could of course try and be cheeky and offer that you will settle now on the basis they pay you £100 (or whatever you want), they discontinue the claim and that in return you will agree to not pursue them for a breach of the Data Protection Act for accessing your data incorrectly. This is a very forceful play and not for the faint hearted ... but it shows you mean business.

If you try this you will need a very well worded letter such as you will find in "Hairrays" and others threads ... if you want to try this craft a letter and post it on here for someone to review.

If you don't want to expend the time (which I completely understand as you have spent enough already) just keep on top of the case as if you expect it to go ahead and lets see if we get a discontinuance ...
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Dear claimant,
    Thank you for your offer to pay me £100 to settle this claim and avoid wasting court time. I accept your offer and look forward to receiving your cheque for £100 within the next 14 days, including confirmation of discontinuance of the claim.

Yours,
    XXXXXXX

:D
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Yes, it's probably fun time now and safarmuk is right

I would imagine that the bad boys BWLegal and Excel have read
    this whole thread and seen that the Witch Finder General, that's
    Lamilad, has been advising you.
    Very scary stuff for the bad boys
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,669 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 4 September 2017 at 11:31PM
    Options
    Received a letter on Saturday from the Claimant, offering to settle for £100.."to save wasting the courts time"...how nice. 17 Days until all documents are due in...didn't get this offer last time. Needless to say, we wont be taking them up on it.

Do as DoaM suggests:
    Dear claimant,
    Thank you for your offer to pay me £100 to settle this claim and avoid wasting court time. I accept your offer and look forward to receiving your cheque for £100 within the next 14 days, including confirmation of discontinuance of the claim.

Yours,
    XXXXXXX

And when they decline and discontinue, you can simply (with one letter) apply for your 3 figure costs, as your sweet revenge.

This happens sometimes and it sounds like yours is going that way too:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=73076742#post73076742

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=115128

Read the poster's posts on that pepipoo link - he is now claiming his costs to get revenge!

This is not a person having to start a claim, nothing hard, it's just ONE letter to the court, asking for costs, as per the examples in that link.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • claretmad62
    Options
    Received a letter Friday from Court, confirming date and time. Strangely, nothing from BW/Excel.... Monday will be 10 days before the hearing, and still no WS. Here's hoping
    cm62
  • claretmad62
    Options
    Hi to all...just a quick update. My wife received email from Excel late this afternoon, discontinued. Feel absolutely jubilant that this is finally over and we can get on with our lives. Just wanted to say a big thank you to all you big hitters on this board, you are all terrific and your advice and most importantly your support has to be acknowledged.
    cm62
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    good , now read post #65 again and turn the tables on them
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    edited 13 September 2017 at 11:59PM
    Options
    Hi to all...just a quick update. My wife received email from Excel late this afternoon, discontinued. Feel absolutely jubilant that this is finally over and we can get on with our lives. Just wanted to say a big thank you to all you big hitters on this board, you are all terrific and your advice and most importantly your support has to be acknowledged.

GRRRREAT :T

These cretins have given you a hard time and it's over for you

Check with the court to confirm and then as said above
    it's time for costs, you are now the leader, it's so easy to
    turn it around on them.

You can either ask the court or invoice them directly
    Followed up with chase up letters and then a court claim

You now have total control over Excel ....... enjoy

OH and if you want a debt collector, try DRP, they do it for free
    but according to google, their failure rate is very high
  • Lamilad
    Lamilad Posts: 1,412 Forumite
    Options
    Not at all surprised to hear this... But pleased for you and your wife that it's all over :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure