• foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,117 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,
    Tent up.
    Mr f cooking.
    Sunshine.
    Between us, we have only spent about £6 today.
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    oh has announced this evening he doesn't like squashes. Looks like the winter months are going to be tough on him as we have about 20 growing at the lottie and several of them are mammoth :rotfl:

Oh, that poor man, he must love you lots :D
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • FatVonD
    Options
    Forgot to say earlier, I bought three boxes of the £10 deal cat food at p@h this morning so thanks, Foxgloves for the heads up! Those boxes are nearly £14 in Mr T and I consider myself lucky if I can get them price matched to £12 a box so £10 is a real steal :)

I delivered the toy I'd sold on FB to the woman that was messing me around, I got her to pay full price too rather than the discounted price I'd agreed when she was buying two :D

I've had another stinking migraine-type headache this afternoon, I'm not sure if it was the stress of sorting my mum's paperwork, an ongoing nerve problem in my neck or caffeine withdrawal from not being at work (or maybe a combination of all three!) I slept for a couple of hours which made it worse and then threw up which seems to have made it a bit better, I really must get some proper medication for it.

DS is out with his friends so I have a peaceful house and don't need to cook, double whammy!

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
  • Baileys_Babe
    Options
    DNMS Thank you for getting us started this week.

Good luck to everyone with little ones starting school and those off to big school this week.

Today I:
    Meal planned the week, incorporating lots of things we already had in :)
    Wrote shopping list
    Only bought things on list
    Borrowed books and audio books from the library
    Children completed the library reading challenge & received a certificate and medal
    Cancelled trial subscription of film package, we enjoyed the films over the last couple of weeks but we don't feel enough new films will be added frequently enough
    Oats soaking for tomorrow's breakfast
    Unpacked and put away all shopping
    Filled OH car up at cheapest garage locally and used a double points voucher
    Parked for free when we went to the library
    Combined journeys to save both fuel & time

Going to get ready for bed now and then going to read my book.
    Fashion on a ration 2024 66/66 coupons remaining
    80 coupons rolled over 0/80 coupons spent - using for secondhand purchases

One
     income, home educating family 
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Evening everyone :hello:
    Just a quick one from me tonight as I'm busy recovering from the first day back. It's all change - new form class, new timetable and now middle management as well. So lots to get to grips with this week. Today has been straightforward as the kids aren't back tomorrow but I was so tired and headachey when I got home. DNMS, hope your dgd got on ok today. My two start in Year 4 and Year 8 tomorrow - I have no idea where the time goes :eek:
    Managed a nsd, as we had pizza in the fridge so a quick and easy dinner for all. Must continue in this frame of mind for the week ahead. I think I'll be too tired for much else to be honest.
    Hopefully more tomorrow.
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 4 September 2017 at 9:36PM
    Options
    Morning determined hope day 1 goes ok for you DGD. I haven't forgotten about your parcel, hope to get it off to you today. DD2 was poorly yesterday she's woken fine today so hope she's ok for 2 hours of school later.

Other things for me today:
    Using milk I got out of freezer yesterday that I'd frozen when we didn't finish it all
    Left overs veg and potatoes and some meat from yesterday's roast. Joint was huge so that will get carved up in freeer now it's cold
    5 extra YP also in freezer
    Make DD lunchbox
    See if there is anymore rhubarb in friends garden when I go to feed the cat, make crumble for rhubarb that's waiting for it in a dish that I didn't get round to yesterday :rotfl:
    Make some biscuits/cake for lunch boxes
    Maybe make a quiche and portion for lunchboxes some days
    Check banking, surveys, FPL (DH got paid from 2nd job yesterday 2 weeks ahead of when they said said they would, more than we thought too :T) have moved some to savings, some to repay one of my 'pots' that was overspent, some to LPDF :D
    Check fridge and see what I need to use up in the next couple of days, I think some salad leaves and some white sauce.
    Post fleabay parcel

Right, must get on. Enjoy your day. Purps.

Today turned out to be rather productive, in addition to list I :
    Got some work done :D
    Walked over 10,000 steps (helped going to school and back 3 times ;))
    Made pineapple chutney. Filled my Kilner jar up perfectly. I take it frozen fruit is no longer technically out of date when made into a preserve :rotfl: used last of mustard seeds BBE sept 2007 :eek:
    Split pack of ham 4 ways, froze 3
    Found a new biscuit recipe that you can vary and made chocolate cookie. Winner all round
    Just making my blackberries in to creme de mure, will make booze jam with left over fruit tomorrow
    Did some work on a website for a group I volunteer for. Definitely testing my brain as this isn't something I am very good at
    Made a quick tandoori marinade for 4 chicken thighs that I got out on Saturday that we didn't eat and baked them
    Roasted gifted (well technically taken, but I know she won't mind :;)) rhubarb whilst oven was on for chicken
    Managed to get 3 loads of washing dry outside despite the dampness that was around this morning
    Realised I'd budgets something for £90 in both this and next periods budget when it will only be paid next period :T moved funds out of this month and paid to savings :A

Am just going to do half an hours knitting to round the day off
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:

Was a bit annoyed today - got to the till and my 8% discount card hadn't yet been topped up (takes '12 business hours' rather than 12 hours). Boo, had to spend proper cash at the shops and pay full price (no £2.28 saving for me :p).

In money-saving news, I took the bag back (again!) to the second hand designer shop for a second opinion... They've put it up for sale for £40. :T

Good on you FVD for selling the FB thing for full price. :T
    foxgloves - have a good camping trip! :beer:

I'm taking clothes back tomorrow for a refund - £41.98 refund for me. Decided they weren't 100% perfecto.

Right, I'm off to bed to read my book too.

Night all!
  • FatVonD
    Options
    Having slept this afternoon I'm now wide awake and thankfully feeling a lot better.

I've just been through my, pickles, sauces, spices etc cupboard and binned a load of out of date jars. We get a lot of that kind of stuff sent in to to work and I tend to put it in there for 'best' and then it never gets used so I have moved some borderline ones to the fridge (M&S Bloody Mary ketchup!) so they will actually get enjoyed.

I also found another near empty jar of sliced gherkins which I will use to pickle some cucumbers in tomorrow.

I took a look at the OS preparing for winter thread. I don't think conditions are ever going to be so harsh down sarf that I will need to cook on a camping stove but it makes me look forward to winter. It would be so lovely if my card thingy takes off and I can work from home in a warm, cozy sitting room :)

I have another FB enquiry about something I was going to give to one of the YS regulars but I stand to make a tenner from it and charity begins at home as they say...

• determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 5 September 2017 at 5:12PM
    Options
    Morning :) quick post while drinking coffee before jumping in the shower - will use my egg timer thingy :)

Thanks for the weel wishes for dgd she had a good 1st day :A and so her anxiety levels are reducing and she's returning to her lovely self. Today I leave for work early and oh is on drop off duty.

Things for today

* [STRIKE]call bed people as bed wasn't delivered :([/STRIKE] it's now coming tomorrow....
    * [STRIKE]work hard & efficiently. Leave promptly at 2 :D[/STRIKE] loving the new work hours :D at 12.10 I glanced at the clock and saw I only had 1hr 50 mins left. I can do anything for 2 hours :rotfl:
    *[STRIKE] take sandwich and snacks to work[/STRIKE]
    * photo & list things on fleabay
    * make a batch of roasted tom sauce & freeze in portions
    * bake courgette cake
    * chop and freeze any runner beans not used today
    * [STRIKE]NSD[/STRIKE]
    * flylady
    * take up madam's jeans
    * [STRIKE]mixed bean goulash for tea mmmmmmm[/STRIKE]

Ok that'll do better go and get in the shower. Have a great day y'all x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning :wave:

Glad madam had a good first day DNMS. :T

Gosh it's ugly outside - can just hear the rain pummelling down on the conservatory roof. It's quite cosy when you don't need to go anywhere...!

Need to sort lunch for work. Have a little bit of leftovers but not enough really... :think: Maybe it will be enough with some fruit/yoghurt added in... :think:

Checked banking/YNAB - all boring there :D

Need to check CC statement to make sure I've paid off everything that's gone onto it this month. :cool: Shame about the rest of the balance (kitchen...) :rotfl:

Not sure what's for tea tonight - will have a rummage of the cupboards....

Happy Tuesday everyone
    :coffee:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family