PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 11th February 2019

Comments

• My filing pile has disappeared! It will not come back, as now will file everything immediately. Top of bookcase where it was is now polished and a few decorative bits put on it. No room on it now to have a filing pile.

How sad is it that something so simple makes me feel so good.

Skips off to get more tea.
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,018 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    LameWolf wrote: »
    *Crawls in and heads straight for the Naughty Step*

Sorry for protracted absence; failing spectacularly where Flying is concerned, so feel a bit fraudulent coming here to post. But I realised it must be well over a week since I posted so thought I'd better just assure you all I aiten't dead. ;)

LameWolf :wave: xxx I'm so pleased to hear you aiten'd dead :smileyhea No need to be using those 'f' words either my lovely - you do what you can, when you can xx

I set the timer and did a hhc when I got in from work - so still no dirty pots at this house, and WM is swishing :D

Hugs
    Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    edited 15 February 2019 at 4:29PM
    I will read back and catch up tomorrow afternoon, when I should have some time. It's been very, very busy here.

I had three things to do yesterday that took all day, which is why I was so upset on Monday night that I couldn't re-programme the boiler. They bled into today, and I finally got around to attacking the boiler box of tricks (after repressuring it again today) this afternoon. It's done. I still have to write up the instructions, but I'll just repeat that - IT'S DONE!!!

After five years of Flying, and 15 years of having a never-ending pile in my in tray, my in tray is empty.

There's a huge list to To Do to work through, but I'm so, so happy.

Thank you all Flyladies, past and present, whose collective support, encouragement and fabulousness has made this possible. I don't know where I'd be without you.

Now I have to rush off out again.

See you all tomorrow afternoon.
    Better is good enough.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Well! Pegged out washing and, given the forecast, left it out all day. So, after tea, I'll iron.

\Other than dailies I'll fly next week, when I'm off.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,424 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Evening all :wave:

Pigpen, you will soon be living in a palace :D

No flying achieved here today. DH had a phonecall to come in early for his horse piddle appointment: his consultant was off sick, but they had a stand-in (as it happens, another consultant whom he has seen on previous occasions) but this one was going to have to leave early, so they cancelled one major procedure and brought the rest forward. Having dropped DH off by 10.00 I decided to go to the hellish shopping mall not far from the horse piddle, bought myself some new boots, and ended up staying there much longer than I had planned as I decided it wasn't worth going home for lunch - stupidly, as it turned out, because when i went back to collect DH 20 minutes after the time they had said, he had only just woken up from the 3 doses of sedative that it had taken to knock him out, and I had to wait another hour and a half before he was steady enough on his feet to be discharged. Poor Rosie! She was sooooooo pleased to see us when we finally got home, and really enjoyed her walk, especially when she found a collie to chase!

The good news is that DH's heart is back in normal rhythm, so that is one of his major problems sorted. Long may it stay that way.

I have filed a few papers but still not finished clearing the spare bed. I must deal with a few more bits this evening, and also decide what craft to offer the toddlers tomorrow. Possibly something involving red paint...?
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,912 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Glad your DH is on the mend Ionafan, and very well done to HB, round and mm.

I changed the bedding again as we have a new set and got two of five wash loads done. Dailies are done.

DH has bought me chocolates so I'm about to munch those while trying to show enthusiasm for the football.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,995 Forumite
    edited 13 February 2019 at 9:36PM
    ionafan wrote: »
    Pigpen, you will soon be living in a palace :D

HAHAHA... no... never... I'm a slob at heart!

LW... glad you aitent deaded.. but I don't do any flying either.. I'm a potato!

DW done
    WMx2 done
    TD done

Cold showing no signs of abating.. I cannot stop sneezing it is driving me crazy.. thank all the bunnies I am not weak washered or I would pee every 15 seconds!

So much stuff to fling !!

8 hats done for my christmas craft fairs.. lol... DD1 knitting matchy mitts!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • dancemum
    dancemum Posts: 2,561 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Evening all x

Tv stand dusted

Sorry I have been missing.
    Dancepops is still in hospital, he had a stroke 8th Jan caused by endocarditis. Each test kept contradicting the previous one, the infection being in his valves and/or pacemaker and leads. He has been on IV antibiotics and still has potentially 9 more days of them.
    It is a rollercoaster.

I have just been doing dailies, Pop’s laundry, hospital visits, dancegran visits & shopping and updating family and friends.

LW Glad you are surviving x
    Miss Moneypenny Thinking of you and your family x
  • Kallax built, some stuff sorted couple of wooden chests of drawers taken out not sure what to do with them. Got some stuff for the cs and some coats and hoodies my friend can have for the homeless charity she supports.
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,080 Forumite
    edited 15 February 2019 at 4:33PM
    (((Hugs))) Mrs MP. Just got in and trying to catch up with everything online, but I just wanted to say welcome back to Fred. It's good to see you here again.

Welcome back also Dancemum and Lamewolf.

Thank you Jazee.

I've still got a lot of catching up to do here.
    Better is good enough.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport