PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Comments

• NB; At least there was a plus side (I think - fingers crossed) for the day.

Maybe I'm not as much of a computer-illiterate as I thought I was. Latest bout of computer playing up had me googling like mad, asking Google various questions. Had computer guy round about it. Gave him a couple of very specific instructions about what I wanted him to alter on my computer and my router (as from said googling). He gave me A Look and I got the distinct impression he wasn't familiar with what I was telling him to do.

He had to do it though - as I was insisting on it and just kept repeating I was going to have those couple of amendments.

Today - my computer has been working normally. I think it may be the first time it's worked normally since I moved here. Glad I know what "normal" is and refused to be fobbed-off any longer with "what's regarded as normal here".:cool:
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Discovered I had accidently "liberated" 2 burgers instead of one from the frozen depths so the spare has been cooked and popped in the fridge. I did enjoy my flat mushroom/burger sandwich - made a nice change from stuffing it in a roll:) and yes a few onion rings made it onto the plate:D.
  • caronc
    :oWhoops might just have eaten the extra burger in a "need something else in my tummy" moment:o
  • Feels marginally cooler here today - should be about right today (the Goldilocks bit then).

Told myself off yesterday for the fact that a minor ailment had been hanging around (ie troublesome elbow) for a few days and I hadn't even tried to cure it myself. The jury is still out imo on whether "healing" works - but done the course (ie Reiki) some time back - all the way to Master standard - so told myself to at least try. Woke up this morning - verdict - it's 50% back to normal. Will keep at it then - and hopefully save myself yet more money on NHS bills ('twas an acupuncturist I had in mind this time).

Right - time to get pruning two of those fruit bushes - and stuffing yet more berries into my freezer.
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,124 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    caronc wrote: »
    Pop your feet in a basin of cold water and sluice your wrists under a cold tap - works wonders for a threatening headache due to dehydration

Thanks Caronc it worked :T no need to take painkillers and even the niggle has gone :). I will do better today, my colleague has threatened to keep bringing it over every time she gets one for herself

A little cooler over night, still sleeping under just the duvet cover but did sleep better, it looks like we had a shower as well, not a lot but the first in weeks :D

Right best be off to work now :(
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • caronc
    Glad it worked Brambling:)

Good morning everyone,

Hot here again today though forecast to be a good bit cooler tomorrow thankfully.
    I do think it was marginally cooler during the night as I slept better:).
    I've no plans for today apart from dead heading - which is never ending at the moment. :eek:
    Breakfast was toast & boiled egg, I had some eggs just past their use by (all passed the "float" test) so have cooked them and will use up over the next few days. Lunch will be crackers with the last of the chicken & salad. I've no idea about dinner yet.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,215 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Exhausted, watching England in Penalty Shoot outs must have knocked a few years off whatever time I have left. Can I dream of 1966 repeat? Bit too early for that. I remember watching & hearing what seemed like the whole country whooping in 1966 as the goal went in

Back to CFO, I did lightly stew my currants, over 400 grammes, and had some last night, stirred into bowl of porridge with HM yoghurt at halftime

It was so tasty I repeated it for breakfast, plus pot of Assam tea.

Hung my washing out, that will ensure the possible showers arrive, just in case they don't I watered the pots again.

Some of my runners are ready, caused change of meal plan, despite the heat it has to be runners & courgette tonight because they are ready NOW.
    Home roasted 1/4 chicken removed from freezer & on the side defrosting

I'll wrap in foil & steam alongside the beans & courgette, maybe plop some newish spuds in the steaming water, I think I have some mint hiding out the front

Lunch, I think I'm in the need of something a bit green, could well be back to cheeses & salady sandwich
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    still on the pasta bolognese! tomorrow night i be at home so its pork chop and roasted veg whatever is lurking in the fridge
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,215 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Urgent change of dinner plan, the frozen chick portion I'd left defrosting at 11 this morning I found flies on the exterior poly bag at 1300, inspection revealed fly eggs laid, and maybe some inside the bag:mad::mad::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Quickly into bin, wrapped in another plastic bag, luckily today is bin day, bin collected and it is all on the way to the tip:j

The runners & courgettes are still go, quick rummage in freezer found a L's beef dinner, minus instructions, must have binned the sleeve, bummer:( I'll read them next time in L's, don't fancy guessing & regretting later

Next stop was pantry, found a 200g microwaveable FB steak pud, bought on offer no doubt, this will be my first time with one of them.

I had a look at reviews earlier, doesn't seem very pleasant and gone same way as other FB pies it seems.
    "Poor flavour and stodgy. Only ever had this the once, and not bought it since."
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Bought a new PC, which came this morning. With that and faffing around looking at Internet provider options I've not had my eye on the ball with food.

Can't really remember much. I remember there was a tomato/egg sandwich yesterday and a cocktail sausage and brown sauce sandwich (last of the sausages) ... and some sweeties and a little chocolate ... and I think I had two hot sausage rolls... it's hard to remember isn't it.

Today I had a breakfast of beans and scrambled eggs on toast with brown sauce. I've still got two sausage rolls, so they'll probably get eaten at some point. I'll probably also polish off the fruit pastilles as there's only about 2-3 left.

Today here it's more cloudy/overcast and there was even a little light rain earlier for a bit. 73F the thermometer says.... it's not been above that all day.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback