Comet Sale Starts Tomorrow

Comments

• Alybea
    Alybea Posts: 154 Forumite
    I can't imagine Dixons buying many Comet stores?
    Dixons have just refurbished Dixons/PC world into one shop here (leaving the empty PCworld store empty)... there is a comet in the same retail park.
    The other Comet here also has a Dixon two doors down. It must be the same across the country?

The sale isn't about bargains, it's about recovering as much as possible for the people they owe money to.
  • Pincher
    Pincher Posts: 6,552
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    It's a perfect opportunity to ship in cheap stuff like Candy washing machines and pretend they are half price.
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Pincher wrote: »
    It's a perfect opportunity to ship in cheap stuff like Candy washing machines and pretend they are half price.
    Not when they cant get credit to get the stock in the first place ;)
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,867
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • Same here, sat in traffic yesterday morning to get there and only 10% off most things, the odd thing like printers with 20% off. Waste of time.
  • And they sound as if they are selling faulty goods... re the guy who said the seals were broken .. you know that's something someone else has returned as faulty recently.

I'm amazed anyone bothers to go to this as someone else here said post #42, it's purely about selling off as much as possible to pay the people they owe money to (And I don't mean their customers either!)
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Same here, sat in traffic yesterday morning to get there and only 10% off most things, the odd thing like printers with 20% off. Waste of time.
    So despite many people posting the same thing in this thread, you still drove there and were annoyed that there weren't any bargains to be had?
  • NRBurns wrote: »
    It's no wonder Comet are going because clearly someone in management is Still too greedy and thinks they can still make loads of money in the down-turn we are in. They are simply in cloud cuckoo land!!

Someone in management was and still Is Far too greedy!!!

As I understand it, the administrators (Deloitte) are now in charge and any remaining management are just their puppets.

This sale is on the strict orders and under the full control of the recently appointed administrators.
  • Niksan
    Niksan Posts: 309 Forumite
    The same admins that stated that they would fulfil already paid for orders where possible, that is, unless you had the items delivered to store, as I found today, and that item even though it said it had been delivered on the computer hadn't actually been delivered when they went to fetch it, but had magically appeared on the shelves for someone else to buy.

Funny part is, the normal price on line for it was £39.99, I paid £29.99, the shelf price is a magical sale busting £99.99, lmao. :money:

The manager did effectively say, "I don't give a !!!!, go see CAB".

:wall:
  • Pincher wrote: »

Dyson and Candy took out injunctions to stop the sale of their products, they still retain title of ownership until the goods have been paid for by Comet.

That being said, they still may sell the stuff in stores if they reach a deal with the adminstrators over the next few days.

I think this is just the beginning, there will be bigger price drops as the days go on the administrators will be looking to sell off its stock asap, its still worth going back every day to check for any changes in prices once the big drops start the stock will fly out their doors.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure