Sky TV retention deals ( post your haggling successes )

Comments

• Currently paying £34 a month for variety and 2 extra mutli-room subscriptions. Not the best deal I've been on by a long way, interested to see what others are getting, may have to ditch the multi-room subs (main reason was to get freeview into rooms with no aeriel/TV access. May treat myself to Sky Sports with potential multi-room savings (missus won't be happy)!
  • mikeizz
    mikeizz Posts: 60 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Who did you contact to get the 60% off, I can't get through on the live chat?

I spoke to someone on live chat when clicking on thinking of cancelling.

Told them what i had recieved a year ago and they said can offer 60% again but no credit.
  • I've tried for the past 4 days to speak to someone via live chat and it is constantly busy! I've had the page open almost all of the working day in the hope I can speak with someone but it never connects. Likewise when I ring it warns me to expect extremely long waiting periods... Losing the will to live...
  • gnioto
    gnioto Posts: 41 Forumite
    I'm currently week 1 of 4 weeks cancellation. So far I've found it the toughest in 14 years to get any offers, had 30% then after a LONG conversation got up to 40. Finally I called and spoke to a lovely girl, she said there has been a blanket on the higher discounts on live chats and the people with the higher offers now are the win back team but you have to call. I'm getting on to them this morning so will let you know how it goes.

Incidentally I couldn't get through with the 'I want to cancel option' but if you click that you want to discuss your options to go back to them the live chat pops up traitor away!
  • Re-contracted to Sky for television on Wednesday as I entered into my 31 day notice period.

I had rang them on the Tuesday and the best they could offer via Retentions was 10%, the cancellation team offered more but the offer was a bit woolly.

Rang through again on the Wednesday, was immediately offered 50% off the complete TV package. When I enquired how it compared to my current deal without any further prompting I was offered 60% off which was my previous deal. I got through to their Newcastle call centre and Craig who I spoke to was brilliant.

I now have Sky Boxsets, Sports, Movies, plus Sport HD for £29.60 per month. As a Platinum customer I also get Sky Go Extra.

Having a further callback on Tuesday to discuss some Sky Q options, that would be in addition to the deal above.

Yesterday I recontracted for Fibre Unlimited and Line Rental for another 12 months, that required a couple of calls and finally speaking to Live Chat to get the right deal.

Online I was being offered 18.99 line rental plus Fibre for £10 for 12 months. Via live chat accepted Line rental plus Fibre for £12.50 per month but with £80 credit applied to the account. On the phone I was offered the same deal but with £25 credit. The Live Chat operator based in India initially offered £50 and I asked if she could increase the credit and she then offered £80.

Job done for another 12 months!
  • Decided to phone Sky in the end.

Previously paid £35 pm for the full works including Sky Q. This was going up to £92 at the end of September. Rang them up and rejected their first offer of £79 but accepted the 2nd "manager's offer" of £58. I was hoping to get closer to £50 but he couldn't guarantee that the same offer would be available on Monday so I accepted. My budget was £55 but willing to lose the movies and boxsets, so £8 more to keep everything in HD seemed OK.
  • I tried to phone but got a message say there was a 20 min wait, I couldn't get through on the normal live chat so I clicked through the 30% off offer banner and there was a live chat there and I got straight through.

My offer was 50% off and £20 account credit, I told him I was looking to continue on my last offer, 60% off, free bb, half-price line rental and half-price call package. He said that offer was no longer available so I said I'd get a firestick to which said fine, have a good day and left. My cancellation period finishes this weekend and the only thing that will be missed will be the football as we would get it a month at a time when DH's team was playing a few games, guess he'll have to go to the pub instead.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Just logged in to MySky to check when I need to give notice to cancel - but to my horror the future bills section for October is showing that I have already cancelled early !! Contacting Sky seems impossible this am -has anyone got a number which actually works without the messages about waits of more than 30 minutes??
  • I took out Sky Q 2TB with Boxsets, Movies, Sports and 1 * multi room.
    I paid for the last 11 months, £35 a month and also got a free Samsung tablet and £100 cash back.

I called to cancel my subscription as there was no way I would pay £92 a month to continue.
    The retentions team was able to offer me the same above for £66 a month and that was the best he could do...
    I have given my notice in and services will cease on the 5th October.
    The agent said keep an eye out for an email as I may get a better offer but could not guarantee it.

Any one on the same package manage to keep the same costs or even get reduction?
    London, UK
  • Dave_Gosport
    Dave_Gosport Posts: 64 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 September 2017 at 11:18AM
    My deal with 75% off boxsets with sports and movies (from Money Saving Expert last year) runs out in mid October. I'm currently paying £41.74, but next month it creeps up to £89.87 then in November it goes up to a shocking £116.99 without any discounts!

I've been with Sky for nearly a year and I'd like to keep my package as it is at £41.74. I wouldn't mind re contracting for 18 months if I can stay on this deal, but looking at the recent posts, I'm probably going to get offered only 30%/40% off.

Has anyone who managed to get the Money Saving Expert deal from last year got this deal again for another year/18 months?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback