Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• summer_james
    Options
    Hopefully today will be a positive day for everyone! Small steps but at least we all seem to be moving one step closer to getting what we want ;)
  • JamesN
    JamesN Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Laura, you've now got me thinking that mine should come through today as my valuation was a few hours after yours! If I haven't heard by 1pm i'm calling the broker!
  • juliat20
    juliat20 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    LauraH28 wrote: »
    Can't believe how quick those texts came through. 9:28am valuation approved
    9.29am mortgage offer in post. Oh my god I can't say how I'm feeling. Good luck people x x

Congrats LauraH28 at least you can relax now.:j
    Broker just called to say Halifax agreed our case and survey instructed yay! Basically means if the house if worth the money we have the mortgage (fingers crossed!). My broker said it is all good and not to worry so much now (easier said than done as I won't feel happy until I have the offer in writing!). Little yes ticks as my boyfriend and I say and this is another! Less stressed today already:D

Good Luck summer_james a step in the right direction.:j
  • juliat20
    Options
    JamesN wrote: »
    Laura, you've now got me thinking that mine should come through today as my valuation was a few hours after yours! If I haven't heard by 1pm i'm calling the broker!

Good Luck JamesN, fingers crossed for you.
  • juliat20
    Options
    TB1987 wrote: »
    Yay, congrats Laura! :beer:

Me and my fiance keep saying this - in this day and age, especially with technology, the whole process seems so outdated. I can't believe that if we get declined for the mortgage, we will be £900 out of pocket. I completly understand you have to pay for services, such as the valuation, but it seems a bit of a con for it all to be so much and then it can still be a no. I think it needs to be regulated more by the financial authority. I am sure there are some brokers who will say they are certain you will be accepted for a mortgage to get their fee and get their favourite lender a valuation fee as well. Perhaps I am being too cynical.....

Another Halifax waiter, welcome! :)

Thank you TB1987, keep me updated on your progress good luck.
  • JamesN
    JamesN Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good luck to you too Julia!
  • bobbybang77
    Options
    Thought I would add my bit to this one if that's ok.
    Had our house up for 18 months and been lurking on here for two years plus and found the advice of the brokers and other peoples experience invaluable.
    After only five viewings in a year and a half and not much interest we were starting to lose hope of anything happening but things have finally shifted at a quick pace.
    Already had a broker engaged rom last year (we got one of the guys on here who has been great)

22nd July Viewing on our house
    29th July Offer received (rejected)
    3rd August We view a house (we love it)
    7th August Increased offer on our house (accepted)
    10th August Put in offer on new house (accepted after haggling)
    12th August Put in full application to Barclays (Woolwich) thru broker
    13th August Paid for valuation
    20th August Valuation takes place, later on same day receive email confirming offer is there and will be posted out.

Obviously some hurdles to go with regards to selling ours, survey is taking place tomorrow. but finally think we may be shifting after 12 years.

PS. We had/have a chequered credit history and having the broker do the relevant digging about has been great, especially as he got us 2.69% with 85% LTV, but the main benefit I think has been the speed with which things have happened as he knew what to send and when.
  • summer_james
    Options
    Thought I would add my bit to this one if that's ok.
    Had our house up for 18 months and been lurking on here for two years plus and found the advice of the brokers and other peoples experience invaluable.
    After only five viewings in a year and a half and not much interest we were starting to lose hope of anything happening but things have finally shifted at a quick pace.
    Already had a broker engaged rom last year (we got one of the guys on here who has been great)

22nd July Viewing on our house
    29th July Offer received (rejected)
    3rd August We view a house (we love it)
    7th August Increased offer on our house (accepted)
    10th August Put in offer on new house (accepted after haggling)
    12th August Put in full application to Barclays (Woolwich) thru broker
    13th August Paid for valuation
    20th August Valuation takes place, later on same day receive email confirming offer is there and will be posted out.

Obviously some hurdles to go with regards to selling ours, survey is taking place tomorrow. but finally think we may be shifting after 12 years.

PS. We had/have a chequered credit history and having the broker do the relevant digging about has been great, especially as he got us 2.69% with 85% LTV, but the main benefit I think has been the speed with which things have happened as he knew what to send and when.

I feel your pain as I had lots of viewings on my house but no offers. After a couple viewed my house three times, they made an offer, pretty decent, £5k under the asking price. With all the stress of mortgage applications etc I am praying everything is moving in the right direction as my buyer had their survey done on my house last Wednesday. Not heard anything negative from my solicitor so I am hoping the selling of my house is moving along as it should :) I think if and when we finally move in to our new house, I might just stay there forever as the stress of selling and moving is a nightmare, constantly worrying if your application is fine, your buyers are legit and the people you are buying from don't change their mind... I honestly think they should do what they do in France, if you like a property you pay a small deposit that you forfeit if you pull out. That way at least you know from the start that it is ok to part with your money on surveys, solicitors upfront fees etc...
  • lizziesmum
    Options
    ) I think if and when we finally move in to our new house, I might just stay there forever as the stress of selling and moving is a nightmare, constantly worrying if your application is fine, your buyers are legit and the people you are buying from don't change their mind... I honestly think they should do what they do in France, if you like a property you pay a small deposit that you forfeit if you pull out. That way at least you know from the start that it is ok to part with your money on surveys, solicitors upfront fees etc...

I agree completely. If we get this house I plan to die in it - if the stress doesn't finish me off first!
  • LauraH28
    LauraH28 Posts: 87 Forumite
    Options
    Any luck James? We got our offer contract emailed over. No extras or conditions. Bam so freekin happy. Exchange has been confirmed for a week tomorrow. Completion on 4th!!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback