Time to end 2 decades of being in debt..

2»

Comments

• E2006
    E2006 Posts: 355
    First Post
    Forumite
    Really chuffed tonight! I logged into my Experian account to see whether I had any new offers for balance transfer cc’s. Recently I hadn’t had any other than the Aqua one which I took out last week. It had been updated and said I had a 70% chance of being accepted for a Tesco cc. I decided I had nothing to lose by trying and low and behold I was accepted!! It’s only for £1500 but is 0% for 12 months with no fee. That means I can transfer the full Santander card with the horrible 35% APR to that and the Aqua!! The Aqua will be paid off within the 6 month 0% period and by then the Tesco one should be down to £800. Hopefully by then I’ll have another bigger offer that I can transfer one of the other big cards to.

In the space of a week I feel like I’ve made so much progress. Honestly taking my head out of the sand has been the best thing ever. A few weeks ago I had literally no 0% offers and this week have managed to secure 2 (albeit small) balance transfer cards! I’m feeling so happy right now !!!128513;

E x
    LBM: May 2018
    Cc 1: £2454 (@34.9%)
    Cc 2 : 11377
    Cc 3: £7839
    Next: £2489 (@ 22.9%)
    balance:£24159
  • enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,445
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Ambassador
    Well done on getting the balance transfers. Can you put an soa up or do you know how much you have available each month to pay towards debt repayments?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • E2006
    E2006 Posts: 355
    First Post
    Forumite
    Well done on getting the balance transfers. Can you put an soa up or do you know how much you have available each month to pay towards debt repayments?

Hiya, thanks for reading. I don’t pay any of the household bills etc, they all come out of hubbys acc. I pay for the cc’s, petrol, groceries and (eventually) will put some money aside for savings. ATM I’m paying £725 per month towards my debts. Trying to stick to £400 per month groceries and my couple of direct debits (mobile phone etc amounts to £105). Anything extra is used for birthdays, prescriptions, clothes, etc. We do loads of free activities with the kids. In fact we choose to put a little aside to take them on a cheap holiday (I know some people chose to completely cut this sort of thing out when paying off their debts) instead of eating out and paying for activities etc. We always take a picnic wherever we go (even if we eat it in the car because it’s cold).

Think that’s about it :o

E x
    LBM: May 2018
    Cc 1: £2454 (@34.9%)
    Cc 2 : 11377
    Cc 3: £7839
    Next: £2489 (@ 22.9%)
    balance:£24159
  • Littlebirdie
    Littlebirdie Posts: 253
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    E2006 wrote: »
    Really chuffed tonight! I logged into my Experian account to see whether I had any new offers for balance transfer cc’s. Recently I hadn’t had any other than the Aqua one which I took out last week. It had been updated and said I had a 70% chance of being accepted for a Tesco cc. I decided I had nothing to lose by trying and low and behold I was accepted!! It’s only for £1500 but is 0% for 12 months with no fee. That means I can transfer the full Santander card with the horrible 35% APR to that and the Aqua!! The Aqua will be paid off within the 6 month 0% period and by then the Tesco one should be down to £800. Hopefully by then I’ll have another bigger offer that I can transfer one of the other big cards to.

In the space of a week I feel like I’ve made so much progress. Honestly taking my head out of the sand has been the best thing ever. A few weeks ago I had literally no 0% offers and this week have managed to secure 2 (albeit small) balance transfer cards! I’m feeling so happy right now !!!128513;

E x

Such brilliant news!
    To staying out of debt!
    Credit card (Nov 2018):£894.60 . Emergency fund: £2000/3000
  • pidge04
    pidge04 Posts: 792
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    How is it going?

Great news about your balance transfers - absolutely fantastic.

I hope I can do the same soon.

Are you feeling hopeful? Motivated? Determined?

All the best.
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure