Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• emerald21
    emerald21 Posts: 11,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    fuzzgun19 wrote: »
    As far as I know it wont let you change from one to the other once listed.

Hi fuzzgun I managed to locate that paint for damp . Let's hope it works now when I get round to doing it :o
  • Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Meet Castor and Pollux

Castor_and_Pollux.jpg
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    AJ, welcome home x
    Sorry you are not still well :( wishing you a speedy recovery x
    Enterprise, hope they dont start say bollox instead of pollux:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Swimsuit, anyone?

You need to scroll right to the bottom (no pun intended!)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/3efa6787-0de7-4924-85f5-1300c178aee3
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    bubbs wrote: »
    AJ, welcome home x
    Enterprise, hope they dont start say bollox instead of pollux:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• Enterprise_1701C
    Enterprise_1701C Posts: 23,409 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    bubbs wrote: »
    AJ, welcome home x

Ooooops, didn't stop and think what they might make of their own names :eek:

OH currently has his hand holding millet in the cage, pure bribery, they absolutely love it and are eating it from his hand :D
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • tweets
    tweets Posts: 35,946 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Home Insurance Hacker!
    My t shirt from Argos Sainsbury TU was waiting for me when I got home.

Its lovely and fits I ordered the correct size :j
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Ooooops, didn't stop and think what they might make of their own names :eek:

OH currently has his hand holding millet in the cage, pure bribery, they absolutely love it and are eating it from his hand :D
    :rotfl::rotfl:
    Thats good eating from hand already:T
    tweets wrote: »
    My t shirt from Argos Sainsbury TU was waiting for me when I got home.

Its lovely and fits I ordered the correct size :j

:T:T:T yayyyyy
    How did Mum get on at hospital?
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • wendyak
    wendyak Posts: 2,654 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    altojack wrote: »
    I ended up buying 3 pairs of shoes for holidays. The expensive ones were quite heavy so I ended up leaving them at home. I was as you can imagine over the weight limit :eek: Mr AJ was not impressed with me unpacking everything and starting again :rotfl: I ended up with 2 pairs of low cut over the toes , pumps. Got a larger size to give extra width as feet were and still are puffy :cool:

After 3 days, I could barely walk, got blisters on big toe bones , yes, both bloody feet :eek: At that point kindly Mr AJ offered me his Peacock flip flops. I sweetly turned him down, turned my head away and grimaced. 10 minutes later, when I realised I couldn't wear the other pumps as they rubbed on blisters too.

I'll never understand what made me ask him if I could wear them :cool: tried them on and they pressed on blisters. So he offered me a clean pair of socks.

So, there I was parading around and riding this scooter thing in socks and a size 10 men's flip flops :o

Hey, it's a good job I was wearing long dresses to hide those hideous things :o. Never again. Oh I had to travel home in them too. Quite a vision of fashion :rotfl: :rotfl:

Hi there
    if needs must, lol
    Did you realise that you were the height of fashion ? just google socks and sliders. I couldn' believe it when several lads got on the plane were wearing them.
    I have lots of Clarks Brinkley flip flops and bought two pairs at the end of the season for this year but as my feet are now so big none of them fitted, noot eve nthe well worn ones :(
    I enlisted a lady who makes chair covers and awnings and she cut and altered them so that the velcro fits as they were pinging off as soon as I put them on.
    It was a simple job and completely unnoticeable but has changed my life as I can wear my comfy flip flops again.
  • davemorton
    davemorton Posts: 29,066 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Car Insurance Carver!
    Rail services on the East Coast Main Line are being brought back under government control, following the failure of the current franchise.

Operators Stagecoach and Virgin Trains will hand over control from 24 June.
    Never mind that, I have a few 1st class trips booked in July, and I paid the extra for 1st so that I get the free food, and the free bar. I best still get my free drinks!!
    TrulyMadly wrote: »
    Can I ask a quick ebay question?

If I put something on eBay with the £1 selling fee and changed it subsequently from auction to buy it now will I be charged full fees?
    I 'think' you will be charged, but if you are wanting to change it because someone has made you an offer you are happy with, get them to make sure they are the highest bidder on your auction, then end the auction early (DONT just end auction, make sure you end auction making the highest bidder the winner.) Then when they collect, just get them to pay the price agreed.
    “Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?”
    Juvenal, The Sixteen Satires
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family