Elite 11+ shopping and chat thread part 2½

Comments

• Tinyshoes
    Tinyshoes Posts: 29,014 Forumite
    Tinyshoes wrote: »
    Did you order first then chat, thanks.

I'm sorted, phone sparks and apparently you can't use the 2 offers together, but they would take over the order for me. Luckily I didn't just have the leggings in my bag. :eek: So I am actually better off as has manually added a 30% discount to my order to get as close to a £5 discount and I can still see the £5 offer on my card. ;)

Must admit I did notice while I was on the phone on the checkout screen there was an option to remove the 20% off. :o I had missed it before but I bet the £5 offer would have auto added if I had removed it. :eek: One to remember for next time...

Now the question is I wonder if my paper birthday voucher will work in store now. And I guess my £5 off will still be there. :cool:
  • Serendipitious
    Serendipitious Posts: 6,446 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    mrsmac10 wrote: »
    Hi, I am fine thanks I am still battling with work as I feel I am being discriminated against and its really interesting plus I have little else to do all day anyway

Once its all over I will find some outlets for company etc

Hope it gets sorted soon.
    “All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.”

• inna
    inna Posts: 590 Forumite
    Did you order first then chat, thanks.

I put things I wanted in my basket and then chatted online. Then when I got my giftcard I changed my mind and bought something else.
    :money:
  • Tinyshoes
    inna wrote: »
    I put things I wanted in my basket and then chatted online. Then when I got my giftcard I changed my mind and bought something else.

Thanks for mentioning to contact them. I've ended up only paying 60p for the leggings I think. :)
  • tony98
    tony98 Posts: 539 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    inna wrote: »
    Same here, but if you click claim button and go though to tesco it's still there showing as free

I got clipper tea at sainsburys today and now showing as payable on COS. :)
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'm sorted, phone sparks and apparently you can't use the 2 offers together, but they would take over the order for me. Luckily I didn't just have the leggings in my bag. :eek: So I am actually better off as has manually added a 30% discount to my order to get as close to a £5 discount and I can still see the £5 offer on my card. ;)

Must admit I did notice while I was on the phone on the checkout screen there was an option to remove the 20% off. :o I had missed it before but I bet the £5 offer would have auto added if I had removed it. :eek: One to remember for next time...

Now the question is I wonder if my paper birthday voucher will work in store now. And I guess my £5 off will still be there. :cool:

Yes Ive had that before when its a 20% off weekend - it wont let you use both do an online order with an automatic 20% off discount and your birthday voucher or £5 sparks offer for whatever clothing.
    I have tried ringing them before but I just got into a circular conversation which came down to just that 20% or £5 but not both.

I am at a bigger M&S this week so I am hoping they have the same leggings online - it makes more sense to use a credit note to pay the balance rather than doing an online order and using real money.
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
  • Tinyshoes
    mhoc wrote: »
    Yes Ive had that before when its a 20% off weekend - it wont let you use both do an online order with an automatic 20% off discount and your birthday voucher or £5 sparks offer for whatever clothing.
    I have tried ringing them before but I just got into a circular conversation which came down to just that 20% or £5 but not both.

I am at a bigger M&S this week so I am hoping they have the same leggings online - it makes more sense to use a credit note to pay the balance rather than doing an online order and using real money.

I would have been happy with just the fiver off the leggings as that was the best discount but I just couldn't find a way to use it on it's own which was what was what I was trying to ask them. In my playing around I had left something else in my basket so in the end I have got a good deal today.

If it ever happens again I must remember to try and see if removing the lesser discount at the checkout page will work. Someone might have to remind me though as I will probably come on here to moan first. :rotfl:
  • Splodge12
    Splodge12 Posts: 267 Forumite
    Happy Birthday Emerald.
  • pippo
    pippo Posts: 3,891 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    That's funny, I have always thought of you as the cheese
    connoisseur on here!

Have to admit we are slacking, we only have 5 different cheeses in the cheese box at the moment :eek:

We do spend a bit of time slicing off bloom or mould, can never understand why people throw away mouldy cheese. Nearly lynched DD one time when we went on holiday and she decided to get rid of some out of date cheese from the fridge, I had been storing some nice brie that was just getting ripe, it was 3 months out of date and she chucked it out :( We never eat brie in date :rotfl::rotfl:

One thing we have sitting there and have not tried yet though, a truckle of wensleydale with chocolate and orange, should be interesting.
    Cheesey people here too! Rarely eaten with date and yes, at times, a fair bit of 'trimming' goes on. Our stack is sadly depleted as DH aka Grumpy Knickers, has taken to providing 'snacks' when he and his friends go to the micro pub in the next village, he has used up the real french pre Christmas Roquefort that wasn't even runny yet and the post Christmas Stilton.

I will rephrase 'he and his friends go' in reality I take them and pick them up 2 hours later, they are all deaf and only Grumps wears his hearing aids, the conversations are unreal at times!! MY BF calls it my second voluntary job, 'P P P Pick up a Pensioner'! :rotfl::rotfl:
  • mhoc
    mhoc Posts: 19,262 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    pippo wrote: »
    Cheesey people here too! Rarely eaten with date and yes, at times, a fair bit of 'trimming' goes on. Our stack is sadly depleted as DH aka Grumpy Knickers, has taken to providing 'snacks' when he and his friends go to the micro pub in the next village, he has used up the real french pre Christmas Roquefort that wasn't even runny yet and the post Christmas Stilton.

I will rephrase 'he and his friends go' in reality I take them and pick them up 2 hours later, they are all deaf and only Grumps wears his hearing aids, the conversations are unreal at times!! MY BF calls it my second voluntary job, 'P P P Pick up a Pensioner'! :rotfl::rotfl:

Will they eat the Castello Brie that is on Q clicksnappy - its £1 cashback and £1.50 in A ... it might keep them away from the cheese that need to be matured a while longer :)
    “Create all the happiness you are able to create; remove all the misery you are able to remove. Every day will allow you, --will invite you to add something to the pleasure of others, --or to diminish something of their pains.”
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure