No next day delivery?

Good morning

Just a bit of a rant about Nike. Purchased some trainers online on Wednesday and paid £8 for next day delivery as I NEEDED these trainers by Friday. They are sold out everywhere else too.

From placing the order wednesday until yesterday evening the order status did not change from "ready for dispatch" so of course I didn't recieve my order. As I should have yesterday.

I called Nike yesterday to ask what was going on with the package and was told by 3 different people "I'll keep an eye on this and let you know when anything changed and escalate to senior management for review" .. no one updated me when my order status finally changed last night. Oh she also offered to have me collect the trainers from the Nike store on Oxford st, London.. I live in Manchester :) I would have to purchase these mind, As it seems I cannot have a refund until I finally recieve the item and then return it.

They also told me yesterday that when my order comes they will refund my £8 delivery charge, As though this was a good will gesture on their behalf. Am I wrong in saying I would expect that delivery charge back anyway since I did not recieve the service I paid for?

Today the status of my order is showing as held in warehouse with UPS and UPS state the order should have been "released" earlier however as it has only just been one it will not be delivered until next working day - Monday

Am I out of order for being very angry? We really DID need these trainers for today, I don't have the funds to purchase them elsewhere as I only had enough to purchase them once, therefore we will not be attending the function we was going to attend.

I have complained to Nike via email however it can apparently take 3 business days for anyone from the senior management team to deal with my complaint, So the fact that my order will not arrive until Monday probably won't even be dealt with until Monday.. I just feel if time is clearly of the essence (paying for next day delivery) Nike should be able to deal with the issue on a timely manner - not a matter of days

It basically feels like "unlucky your just gonna have to wait 5 days for your order as there is nothing we can do about it" which is of no help from me. More than anything I think it's the fact that I have no explanation from Nike. I just don't know where to go from here other than to wait until they arrive obviously but I just find the customer service to be terrible for such a large company.

Sorry for the rant- just a bit peeved :mad:

Comments

• marcarm
    marcarm Posts: 1,205 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Next day does not always mean the day after ordering, it is the day after dispatch.

Although 9/10 times it will be dispatched the same day assuming you have met the cut off time.
  • George_Michael
    George_Michael Posts: 4,251 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    marcarm wrote: »
    Next day does not always mean the day after ordering, it is the day after dispatch.

Nike are very specific about their next day delivery and in their case, it is the day after ordering (provided that the order was placed before noon)
    Nike's Next Day Delivery service lets you receive your order the day after you place it. If you submit your order Monday to Thursday before 12 pm local time, you'll see the Next Day Delivery option in cart and checkout.
  • marcarm
    Maybe the OP can confirm when the order as placed, as I said as long as the cut-off time is met then the parcel should be dispatched the same day for delivery next day.
  • Sorry it's been a bit of a busy day.. thanks for the replies

@marcarm Just double checked the confirmation email u received from Nike after ordering and it was received at 11:07am Wednesday morning so I met the dead line.
  • marcarm
    Then it appears you have met the critieria so have every right to be a bit miffed at the service you received
  • Thank you @marcarm I feel slightly better knowing I'm not being entirely unreasonable
  • JReacher1
    JReacher1 Posts: 4,652 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    marcarm wrote: »

Although 9/10 times it will be dispatched the same day assuming you have met the cut off time.

Of course next day delivery means the order will arrive the next day.

Which retailer charges for a next day delivery service but then specifies the item won't arrive the next day?

OP your order got held for fraud checking. There was something about your order that raised a red flag with Nike so it was held and manually checked.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure