Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Comments

• Morning.
      +1/2LB for me this morning. Not especially bothered (the joy of target range) as we did have a Chinese takeaway.
      Off to do my shop.
    • Sunshinemummy
      Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
      Nicki wrote: »
      No idea! It was a weight watchers ready meal and that's what the syns are being quoted as online. The sausages probably account for about 4 syns though and they were also in gravy

Was it worth the syns?.... I think I am obsessed with 'is eating this worth it'..... and if it is I am enjoying it!
    • Nicki
      Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
      Was it worth the syns?.... I think I am obsessed with 'is eating this worth it'..... and if it is I am enjoying it!

Only to the extent of not having to start cooking something at 10pm last night :D

It was (just) OK but truthfully I'd rather have had something freshly cooked if there had been a chef on stand by who would have rustled me something up.
    • dawyldthing
      dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
      esmy wrote: »
      Morning everyone.

STS for me (again!) this week. I am 3.5lbs short of my target and getting nowhere. I've had a good week, within syns overall, a couple of speed days, on plan with meals, so not sure what's going on. I'm trying to stay positive and remind myself that I'm eating healthily whether or not I lose anything. I shall plod on...

More brilliant losses this week, well done everyone. Sorry about your news Jay, hope things have a good outcome eventually.

Have you upped the body magic to see if helps
      :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
    • Morning all,

Weigh in for me shows -1/2lb off this week.

Would like to do better but I’ve had a cold this week so maybe next week will be easier.

Well done to everyone else and sorry to hear of the poorlies especially Beanie and jayII.
    • beanielou
      beanielou Posts: 90,243 Ambassador
      Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
      Sorry to read your news jay.
      Try to take care of you.
      I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
      "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
      ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
      One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
    • jayII
      jayII Posts: 40,693 Forumite
      beanielou wrote: »
      Sorry to read your news jay.
      Try to take care of you.

Thanks Beanie, I'm trying to keep things as normal as possible in between all the medical stuff. I'll keep going to work and to SW group when I can, but won't post much on MSE because I need to be positive and dwelling on things won't help me or anyone else.

I hope things go as well as possible with your family member. Sending you strength, good luck and (hugs).
      [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot] Fighting the biggest battle of my life. :( Started 30th January 2018.
      [/FONT]
      [/FONT]
    • Hi Everyone,
      Not had a chance to catch up on the thread, but will do at the weekend. Didn't post yesterday - one of those days! But lots of speed food and about 5 syns. I had such a long day yesterday that today has been shop bought food:
      B: Pret a Manger veggie Breakfast pot (2 syns)
      L: Chicken Salad (counting 4 syns for dressing + 3 for sensations popadoms)
      D: Another salad probably - weigh in tomorrow.
      Hi fi bars for HEB and there was parmesan on the salad so that will be my A choice.
      Have a good day x
      Save £12k in 2019 #111 £440.39/£4000
      Sealed pot challenge #5 £153.59/250
      Weight Loss 28/60 lb challenge
    • maman
      maman Posts: 28,580 Forumite
      Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post

I'm 100% with you on that. We'll all make different choices but we all need to prioritise syns. I choose to eat the big portion of porage that DH makes me once or twice a week because I don't want to stop him cooking my breakfast every day!!:D

Don't be disheartened esmy. It took me weeks and weeks to lose the last few pounds to target. It'll happen.:)

I've done my meal plan and will set off for Aldi soon.:)

Today's EE plan:
      B: NAS grapefruit, HEB porage, HEA milk
      L: veggie omelette and pickles
      D: chicken stir fry with oyster sauce, noodles and SW chips
      Syns: 6 xtra porage, 2 syrup and any wine syns tbc.:D
    • Whiplashy
      Whiplashy Posts: 171 Forumite
      SP day for me today. Determined to get my shiney next week.

Forgot to mention something last night, and it's a really big deal to me so I'm about to brag :rotfl: I HATE speaking at group! I feel like I'm just waffling and making a total fool of myself. Last night when the consultant was going around the group, a girl who joined last week, said that she wanted to thank me for her 5 lb loss this week. She found whatever mumbo jumbo I said last week really inspiring and motivating, and left group feeling really inspired for the week ahead! I wish I could remember what I said so I could use it every week :rotfl: Felt so chuffed with myself though!

Great to see more losses coming in. Well done everyone :T
      Back on the slimming world wagon 04.01.18
      Total lost 1st 3.5lbs :j Week 4
    This discussion has been closed.
    Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
    • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
    • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
    • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
    • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
    • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills