Solar energy - Feed-in Tariff payment delays - your experiences?

Doc_N
Doc_N Posts: 8,267
Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
Forumite
edited 16 July 2012 at 6:25PM in Green & ethical MoneySaving
Most people who've installed solar panels in the last 18 months or so will be claiming Feed-in tariff payments from electricity suppliers.

Some suppliers are paying fairly quickly after the claim goes in - but some aren't. E.on, for example, used to pay within a few days but are now delaying payments for up to a month.

Great for companies' cashflow - but not for the individuals claiming.

Experiences with various companies shared here would be useful in helping people to decide which company to go with - and whether to switch away from companies that delay payments due.

Comments

• npower meter reading need to be in by the 25th and i got my payment on the 5th the next month
  • Yes, E.on's new T&Cs do say "payment within 30 days" but in my experience they are a lot quicker than that so no complaints from me so far.
  • Doc_N
    Forumite
    keith_r59 wrote: »
    Yes, E.on's new T&Cs do say "payment within 30 days" but in my experience they are a lot quicker than that so no complaints from me so far.

That used to be my experience with e.on - my first payment was made within a week.

My recent payment, however, took almost a month.
  • British Gas said "within 28 days" but took nearer 40!
  • Doc_N wrote: »
    That used to be my experience with e.on - my first payment was made within a week.

My recent payment, however, took almost a month.

I'm due to send in my meter reading in a couple of weeks time and as long as the money hits my bank account within the stated 30 days then I will be more than happy.
  • furndire
    furndire Posts: 7,308
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Atlantic Gas & Electric are quoting 65 days!!!!!
  • albyota
    albyota Posts: 1,106 Forumite
    Centrica Via British Gas payment by cheque on Sept 19th exactly one month after sending them my meter reading 1290 units = £578....happy.
    There are three types of people in this world...those that can count ...and those that can't! ;)

* The Bitterness of Low Quality is Long Remembered after the Sweetness of Low Price is Forgotten!
  • Doc_N
    Forumite
    Just out of curiosity, why are people apparently 'happy' at a delay of a month in paying them the money due to them? Particularly when it's several hundred pounds that could be in your account, rather than the power company's. :think:
  • raider
    raider Posts: 183
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    EDF. My first reading took 43 days until payment. Second reading is currently being processed, 27 days and counting......
  • Doc_N wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity, why are people apparently 'happy' at a delay of a month in paying them the money due to them? Particularly when it's several hundred pounds that could be in your account, rather than the power company's. :think:

As I'm being paid well over the market rate for generating electricity I really don't mind waiting up to 30 days each quarter to receive my payment. It's just not that big a deal to me.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback