Offer £250 to switch to Clydesdale, Yorkshire or B

Comments

• I have been told that I can't have the £250 because I did not complete the switch within 31 days. However, I do not remember seeing this advertised prominently when I went on to the site.

I did have a lot of problems making the application due to the site crashing, and there was no option to switch in 7 days (despite what the woman on the phone told me today) - all of the dates were several weeks away so I chose one not realising that the switch had to happen within 31 days. Turns out mine was 36 days later. If the 31 days had been made clear I wouldn't have chosen that date.

Really annoyed, I've put in a complaint but don't know if it will get me anywhere.
  • pmatt_2
    pmatt_2 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Having pocketed the £250, I've just completed the switch to NatWest for their £125 and said goodbye to B.

The NatWest switch has been a nightmare so I feel zero guilt that I'm ditching them as soon as I get the cash. I feel like I've earned the money in the time they've wasted.
  • clivep
    clivep Posts: 577 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I have been told that I can't have the £250 because I did not complete the switch within 31 days. However, I do not remember seeing this advertised prominently when I went on to the site.

I did have a lot of problems making the application due to the site crashing, and there was no option to switch in 7 days (despite what the woman on the phone told me today) - all of the dates were several weeks away so I chose one not realising that the switch had to happen within 31 days. Turns out mine was 36 days later. If the 31 days had been made clear I wouldn't have chosen that date.

Really annoyed, I've put in a complaint but don't know if it will get me anywhere.

Qualifying criteria for the switching offer:
    3. The date which you select for the current account switch to complete must be within 31 days of your instruction to us.

So 36 days later means no bonus. However, in my experience, the switching days offered for a CASS switch usually only show 31 days from the instruction date. I would agree that it's rather unfair that YB should offer a greater period to include dates that didn't qualify for the bonus.
  • clivep wrote: »
    Qualifying criteria for the switching offer:
    3. The date which you select for the current account switch to complete must be within 31 days of your instruction to us.

So 36 days later means no bonus. However, in my experience, the switching days offered for a CASS switch usually only show 31 days from the instruction date. I would agree that it's rather unfair that YB should offer a greater period to include dates that didn't qualify for the bonus.

The information about the 31 days was not prominently displayed in their literature, although I have since found it attached to an email sent to me AFTER I had completed the application and chosen a switching date. I'm fairly certain none of the dates on offer were within 31 days but not sure how I could prove this.

I'm going to be switching again regardless, as I don't think much of their website or banking app!
  • SpiraliS
    SpiraliS Posts: 15 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I might have stayed with these guys, but the "B" account banking app is truly horrible and I don't like it one bit (plus, whoever decided a bouncing basketball for the loading screen was a cool idea..?)

Bagged my £250 now, and will be switching it to Halifax shortly for their £125 offer.
    June 2018 diary:
    Debt: £13,169.83 (all on 0% CC til Sept 2018, repaying £500 a month)
    Mortgage: £191,000 (on Repayment, 5-yr fix @ 2.39%)

Savings: £12,300 in various accounts @ between 1-5%, milking until August when will pay off CC
  • Just had my incentive paid, now switching to Natwest.
    How to people get on with opening multiply current accounts, then switching most of them? any banks known to "start throwing their toys out of the pram"?
    I am, therefore I think.

• Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,552 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Just had my incentive paid, now switching to Natwest.
    How to people get on with opening multiply current accounts, then switching most of them? any banks known to "start throwing their toys out of the pram"?

I don't think most people open multiple accounts and then switch them. They might open one and switch that two or three times. Many people switch an account, get thepayout and then keep that account because it has a bonus- RS, interest whatever. They generally keep one as their main account and do not switch that.
    It is prudent to only open an extra account now and again and then 'groom' it when a good switch deal comes along IMHO.
    Eventually you run out of places to switch! due to dateline t&cs
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Both accounts switched away now, so bye bye YB. I wonder how many people have gone away...
  • Katiehound
    Katiehound Posts: 7,552 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 February 2018 at 5:09PM
    harz99 wrote: »
    Both accounts switched away now, so bye bye YB. I wonder how many people have gone away...
    quite a few I should imagine!
    Nice 'little' bonus welcome too- and not stretched out like some others...
    This is the very first time I have done one switch followed very swiftly by another. Generally there is some incentive to hang around.........
    (Or maybe we all jumped because a golden welcome from NatWest is a rare breed and timing is everything?)

Just wait now for Halifax to repeat their current deal and that's me done. Nothing left except C0-op??!! and not welcomed by FD. Was with them when dinosaurs roamed...
    Being polite and pleasant doesn't cost anything! --
    Many thanks
    -Stash bust:in 2022:337
    Stash bust :2023. 120duvets, 24 bags, 43 dog coats, 2 scrunchies, 10 mittens, 6 bootees, 8 glass cases, 2 A6 notebooks, 59 cards, 6 lav bags,36 angels,9 bones, 1 knee blanket, 1 lined bag,3 owls, 88 pyramids = total 420 total spend £5. Total for 'Dogs for Good' £546.82

2024:23 Doggy duvets,29 pyramids, 6 hottie covers, 4 knit hats,13 crochet angels,1 shopper, 87cards=163 £86 spent!!!
  • I've stayed with Clydesdale as the account works for me and there is a Clydesdale branch near here. I used donor accounts to move to NatWest so it's all good. :)
    Retired at age 56 after having "light bulb moment" due to reading MSE and its forums. Have been converted to the "budget to zero" concept and use YNAB for all monthly budgeting and long term goals.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure