Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Ryanair ONLY

Options

Comments

• Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    All you are due from Ryanair is a refund for your ticket. Anything else is Travel Insurance.
  • Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    garylaw wrote: »
    informed today by email, flight is november 30th, ryanair has cancelled its entire route to ukraine and pulled out of the country and deal it had with ukraine

Look into using the ADR supplier that RA have signed up to.

It's free and a quick call to them should reveal if they will accept your complaint, you have nothing to lose.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    Tyzap wrote: »
    Look into using the ADR supplier that RA have signed up to.

It's free and a quick call to them should reveal if they will accept your complaint, you have nothing to lose.

Good luck and please let us know how you get on.

Except time and hassle.

OP is entitled to have the airfare refunded. Ryanair are not liable for his hotel costs. The ADR (Retail Ombudsman) will only follow the law.
  • Tyzap
    edited 11 July 2017 at 11:07PM
    Options
    IAmWales wrote: »
    Except time and hassle.

OP is entitled to have the airfare refunded. Ryanair are not liable for his hotel costs. The ADR (Retail Ombudsman) will only follow the law.

The ADR provider for RA is CDRL (Consumer Dispute Resolution Ltd) and they will independently look into any disputed claim.

This includes EC261 claims, damaged and lost baggage, misselling and claims for associated costs and expenses, all within the law.

The op booked their flights with RA in good faith, it was RA who decided, for whatever reason, not to supply those flights, leaving many passengers with additional costs and expenses. Whether CDRL will agree with the op, well there's only one way to find out.

I'm sure that any fair minded person would agree that RA should repay those costs and expenses.

As for time and hassle, your right, perhaps RA should voluntarily make a contribution towards those cost too after putting a lot of passengers to a lot of trouble.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • themass
    themass Posts: 142 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi folks hope someone can help.
    Whilst at Tenerife 27/6/17 we checked our luggage in for our return flight to Birmingham, we then as you do tried to go through security and was turned around by staff telling us 4 hour delay ( a tire had burst on the runway) we moaned and groaned but got on with it,
    Whilst we were in the Ryanair queue well over an hour we were told by their staff the flight had been cancelled, and hey presto i got a email to confirm this, we were told by Ryanair staff to find our own flights back the next day as you can imagine they had already gone so long was the queue, we were then told find another Airline and keep your proof for a refund, Jet2 £212, we paid that, whilst i was trying to get my Ryanair refund online it would not let me, we were then told to go to arrivals for our luggage back and find a hotel for the night, when we got there they refused and said your flight is back on? well im not one to swear but!, so off we went after being convinced we would get our money back,, we got back to Birmingham after a 3.14min delay, Ryanair claim they will not refund me And Natwest travel insurance will not touch it, can anyone help or advise please.
    Steve
  • Tyzap
    Options
    Hi themass,

There is a very active thread for all things Ryanair related.

Please copy and paste you post onto that dedicated thread and you will receive a reply.

Thanks.
  • themass
    Options
    Where, i have not used the forum for a while. thanks
  • themass
    Options
    Hi folks hope someone can help.
    Whilst at Tenerife 27/6/17 we checked our luggage in for our return flight to Birmingham, we then as you do tried to go through security and was turned around by staff telling us 4 hour delay ( a tire had burst on the runway) we moaned and groaned but got on with it,
    Whilst we were in the Ryanair queue well over an hour we were told by their staff the flight had been cancelled, and hey presto i got a email to confirm this, we were told by Ryanair staff to find our own flights back the next day as you can imagine they had already gone so long was the queue, we were then told find another Airline and keep your proof for a refund, Jet2 £212, we paid that, whilst i was trying to get my Ryanair refund online it would not let me, we were then told to go to arrivals for our luggage back and find a hotel for the night, when we got there they refused and said your flight is back on? well im not one to swear but!, so off we went after being convinced we would get our money back,, we got back to Birmingham after a 3.14min delay, Ryanair claim they will not refund me And Natwest travel insurance will not touch it, can anyone help or advise please.
    Flight number FR1122
    Steve
  • Tyzap
    Options
    Hi themass,

Thanks for reposting.

UNBELIEVABLE, are you sure you're not making this up? No I'm only joking.

RA's incompetence is breathtaking at times and extremely frustrating when you are caught up in it.

RA are responsible for your loss and there are mechanisms in place to reclaim your expenses should they not see sense for which we may have to call upon the good Dr Watson, expert in all things RA.

Before you go to too much trouble tho it may be worth just giving them a call, if you haven't already, to see if they want to play hardball with you.

I'll dig a little deeper cos I suspect they changed aircraft at TFS at the last minute.

Good luck for now.
  • themass
    edited 12 July 2017 at 1:16PM
    Options
    Hi yes i have proof of cancellation, then a purchase of Jet2 flight, then another for re scheduled flight and then another for delay.
    Their reply
    Our Ref: 1599363/BN495P

Dear Mr Marshall,

I refer to your letter dated 03/07/2017.

We sincerely regret the delay of your flight FR1122 from Tenerife South to Birmingham on the 27/06/2017, which was due to an incident at the runway.

However, as this delay was unexpected and therefore outside Ryanair’s control we regret to advise that no monetary compensation is due under EU Regulation 261/2004.

Nevertheless, if you purchased food or refreshments during the delay please submit your reasonable receipted expenses for our review by clicking on the below link.

In order to speed up the process please add your bank details:

https://complainttracker.ryanair.com/

You can also track the status of your claim by clicking on this link.

Thank you for flying with us and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you on–board another Ryanair flight again soon.

Yours sincerely

For and on behalf of

RYANAIR LIMITED

Customer Services
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills