Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Comments

• mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Yep. As said many times on this thread, you have to actually put in your cancellation notice not just say you will. As they say, actions speak louder than words!

Regarding the HD, it sounds like you may be on an older package and if you remove it you only get the FTA channels in HD. HD on other channels now requires the Box Sets bundle and if you want it on Sports it's another £6 a month.
  • DonnySaver
    DonnySaver Posts: 562 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    MJwalsh wrote: »
    I'm a long term customer if Sky. We have exerting with them except movies and pay £92 a month. As were found away for the summer I rang today to cancel the sports package in the hope we'd get a better deal when we returned.
    I asked about cancelling the HD too but they told me I wouldn't get that back if I cancelled it?? Is that right?
    I said I would try the downgraded package for a month with a view to cancelling and was out through to the cancellations dept to see if they had any offers.
    The woman I spoke to clearly had no intention of offering anything!! I told her I was a nurse and had not had a pay rise for years yet my Sky bill increase every year. She was very abrupt and said that all bills increase every year. She said she would downgrade my package to the most basic, didn't offer me anything & said to ring back in a month if I want to cancel!!
    Has anyone else had this experience of them!?
    Thanks in advance

CANCEL CANCEL CANCEL ! You have to play them at their own game I'm afraid to get anywhere.
  • saintscouple
    saintscouple Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Just put in my sky q tv cancellation notice in and received confirmation email that service will cease on 3rd September, and that they will send me packaging to return the boxes once the service has ceased.
    Lets see if they offer me anything in the meantime....
  • Liquidity
    Liquidity Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Those of you who cancelled, did you also cancel your broadband if you had it? I can live without Sky TV for a few days, but not internet!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Liquidity wrote: »
    Those of you who cancelled, did you also cancel your broadband if you had it? I can live without Sky TV for a few days, but not internet!

No, don't cancel broadband/phone line, you'll possibly end up paying cease fees and then perhaps having to pay again to reinstate it.
  • Just put in my sky q tv cancellation notice in and received confirmation email that service will cease on 3rd September, and that they will send me packaging to return the boxes once the service has ceased.
    Lets see if they offer me anything in the meantime....

So no automatic offers after 10 minutes on your online account "come back to Sky" ?

Wonder what will happen if any kit does end up going back if you then "go back to Sky", re the kit "hire charge upfront" ?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    So no automatic offers after 10 minutes on your online account "come back to Sky" ?

Wonder what will happen if any kit does end up going back if you then "go back to Sky", re the kit "hire charge upfront" ?

They posted an update on another thread:
    gave notice on my Sky Q yesterday, and today saw 50% off offer on the website.
    Went on to live chat and was initially told 25% was the best they could offer, though changed to 50% when i mentioned the offer on the website, but the agent said that was the most he could offer.
    I declined and will play the waiting game, ideally looking for the 60% and account credit, but not sure if that offer is available for sky q customers or just sky hd+. Will see
  • andrewmp
    andrewmp Posts: 1,754 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My free broadband and £10 off line rental expires soon.

Anyone had any phone and broadband deals recently?
    I would consider an upgrade to fibre if the price was good.

If you click through on their website saying you want to cancel your fibre, they offer it for £10 per month. Not sure what they offer if you're only on broadband though.
  • saintscouple
    saintscouple Posts: 4,319 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary

yeah 50% offer is on the website, but holding for more.
    Interesting about the kit return, hoping they'll up the offer to avoid that
  • walmon1900
    walmon1900 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Just cancelled via online chat.
    Within minutes got offered 50% off on mySky- should I hold out for more and maybe a Sky Q box?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback