Anyone used the Shpock app?

Comments

• That is a useful tip.
  • I have been using it a lot lately, have over 260 items for sale on it. Mainly low value. I have sold things, but I am getting a very high rate of people offering and confirming a deal then not picking things up, or expecting me to career all over the place meeting them. I have also had people offer and confirm then say they haven't got the money. I am having a lot of my time wasted. I will deliver very locally for items over £10 if it is convenient but I dont really think it is my obligation.

I am fund raising on it for two children to compete in a sport internationally, so would really like to get things sold and the stuff is cheap and good value so it is a bit irritating.

Incidentally I don't think my listings are illiterate, though I cannot guarantee the odd spelling mistake as I list from my iPhone and predictive text kicks in.

Will probably go back to traditional car boot sales when the weather picks up.

K
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Due to other people being unable to figure out how to leave private messages, I've given up on it.
  • There is a method of sending private messages using the offer functionality described above.
  • soba
    soba Posts: 2,166 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I've used it for a few months and it's very hit and miss. I did sell a couple of low value items at the beginning but lately I've been messed about by people who 'definitely' want things and that's the last I've heard off them. Wasting my time I think - I'll continue with ebay despite the fees.
    Facebook selling seems bad for me too for the same reason.
  • hollydays
    NEWUser wrote: »
    There is a method of sending private messages using the offer functionality described above.

Yes but people on there cant work it out, so I gave up, even after explaining
  • hollydays
    There's also an annoying feature where people send you a message saying they " like " your item!
  • In the last couple of weeks I thought I'd give it a go. I put a couple of recipe books up for sale and within a couple of days had sold it. Great so far. No problems there, however, I may need to get in touch with the lady as she has not selected to make offer, which I have to say took me ages to notice it. I've figured that once she selects this, I will be able to update my end so that the sale shows as sold.

The only option otherwise is to mark it as sold elsewhere, which I do not want to do. They should add a button for this at the sellers end. I can only assume the lady is unfamiliar with Shpock, as am I. I will give it a couple more days to ensure she has received the books and will help prompt her in the right direction.

It is not an 'easy to use' app/site. It's not very clear in some respect. I do love being able to see what's available right now and as near to your area as you like and to be fair, it is easy to actually place an item to sell.

I think I am going to stick with this as I have lots of stuff to get rid of and I don't always sell anything on Ebay or make very little once paid fees, so I say definately give it a go and hopefully, Shpock will continue to make improvements to the design and navigation.
  • Lots of junk that belongs in the rubbish.
    Also scams especially iPhones.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,551 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Going to stick to my motto here. All positive reviews are SPAM and all negative ones are those with an axe to grind.

Who really signs up to leave positive reviews? sorry REVIEW never to return?
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback