Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4)

Comments

• Addams
    Addams Posts: 881 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I have just blogged my MSE challenge card. Jellybaby I have pm'd you.
    May - £251.63/£155, June - £108.69/£150, July - £157.45/£155, Aug - £104.28/£155
    Sept - £110.80/£150, Make £5 a day in Oct challenge = £50.50/£155
  • Scatty 5 teapots and a cup and saucer here but don't know if any are what you need.

teacup or teapot here too.
    Cross Stitch Challenge Member Number 20

New challenge finish birth sampler by end of the month
    No matter how much life knocks you down, it's your ability to get back up, brush yourself off and face your next set of challenges that makes you stronger
  • CT19720
    CT19720 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    Sorry not been around much, but was finally persuaded to make some cards for a friend to try and sell at the toddler group she runs. I made 26 for her, and she took them to the group yesterday and 17 sold, and 5 people placed orders for 7 of my ‘name cards’ :D. I was dead chuffed, as the 17 cards I made were sold at £2.00 each. My friend wants me to do another batch for her to sell, so fingers crossed it is a regular bit of getting some extra money.

I’ve skimmed read the last few pages:

KMS well done on your weight loss.

Melissa – glad the move has gone well for you, and you are loving all the space you have.

Dragonllew – glad your OH got on OK at the hospital. Fingers crossed they will quickly find out the cause of the problem for him.

Well done to all the recent winners – I was so happy to come a Top 3 at One Stitch at a Time last week with my very first step card.

PepPop – did you get the sample of the teddy bear ribbon I sent to you last week?

Choccy – thanks for your swap card, it was gorgeous.

Rusty – hope you get some sleep soon, and you’re feeling better in yourself soon.

Craftygranny – I try to spend about £5.00 on party presents but £10.00 - £15.00 for a best friend, as I get something that they have asked for. My youngest has had 3 parties to go to since the beginning of September, and have ended up getting cricket sets/tennis sets and water guns in the ASDA sales which were £2.50 each, so bought quite a few, and just give out 2 different ones as presents. I’d feel really cheap if I only gave one.

Maybe you could give a folder of card making things as a gift. I did it recently for a friends little girl, who was 6, and she absolutely loves it. According to her and her mum, it was the best present ever, and only actually cost me £1.00 for the folder, and then gave away some of my stash that I have far too much off.

The Wife – have a fab time at Euro Disney.

Will try to catch up on blogs later, tonight or tomorrow, just got to finish a couple of these card orders I have.

xx
    2016 is the year I am going to find time for me, and cherish the time I spend with my friends and family.
    It is also time to save - Aim £4,000 - So far this year - £230/£4,000
  • Marg
    Marg Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 29 September 2010 at 7:18PM
    The Wife - Just got home to find your parcel :j- many thank-yous for your lovely kindness. I think we both went to the same school of packing - belt & braces, spares of everything just in case! Hope you have a fabulous time. x

Mary Op - no problem, I would have put more in but worried the PO would charge excess postage.

Popkins - lovely to see you back :)

Thanks Myz for reminding me - I HATE Christmas!:(

KMS - Well Done! almost half a stone - wish I could do that.

Padster - do you know what it is yet? Or is it a surprise pressie?

CT - well Done on your card orders!
  • Thanks so much PONR and Craftygranny - I was looking for ages this morning and couldnt find anything xx
    Ohhhh wish I was off to Euro Disney we went a few years back it was lovely I loved it exspecially the parades
    The Wife have a fabby time
    xx
  • CT19720
    CT19720 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    I know what I meant to ask in my last post. In doing all these name cards, and punching the flowers out for them I have broken another 'daisy' woodware punch - my second one in about 2 months, I think it is because the linen card I am using is a little thick.

This is the one I had. I am loathed to buy another for fear it will break, and because they are quite small I am not having much luck in cutting them on the craft robo. So does anyone know of another make that do a very similar style card, that is a bit more sturdy. I've tried to see if Stamping Up do, but can't find anything or anything for Matha Stewart either.

Has anyone else got any suggestions of makes to try.

Thanks
    2016 is the year I am going to find time for me, and cherish the time I spend with my friends and family.
    It is also time to save - Aim £4,000 - So far this year - £230/£4,000
  • Hi all, just popping on quickly to say I am going AWOL for a bit ... life is !!!!!! .... will pop back when I can cope a bit better.

Flourgirl, I haven't forgotten your swap card, sorry just not had chance to do much at the minute :(

Take care all and well done to the winners. xxxx
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • Myzdamena
    Myzdamena Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    Won't mention Christmas again then...

Was just trying to cheer myself up..instead of coming here and having a moan I decided to be jolly....

All your fault, next time I'm going to have *such* a moan!!!

*flounces off in a huff*

;p
    :j A-well-a bird, bird, bird...b-bird's the word :j
  • Marg
    Marg Posts: 2,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 29 September 2010 at 8:02PM
    CT - One of the best (& cheapest) punches I got when I first started was from Tesco's crafty bit. It punches little flowers about 1.5cm wide similar to the one shown - I can punch some for you to see if the size will do? Or I have another (make unknown) that punches our at 2.5cm. The bigger one is nowhere near as good as Mr T's and when it broke I contacted the company & sent me a new one but it's still not brilliant. - It was called an asterix (sp?). HTH

Myz - sorry didn't mean to offend you - many others on here love it!

Rusty - Please don't go AWOL I'm sure we can help cheer you up & get you through the grim times ((Hugs))
  • Rusty - take care - you know where we are if you need us :)

CT - bust mine as well :rotfl: - I don't know if EK Success do anything that you want - I have the small retro flower one but not sure how it would get on with card as daren't try it - do you have a bug or anything? I've got these which are quite cute
    Officially a non-smoker but still rounder than recommended :p
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport