Have you put the heating on yet?

Comments

• Nope nope nope...I have storage heaters which I never have on...My home is quite warm anyway, its a ground floor apartment with neighbours either side, so I think I get some of their heat :) if it gets cold I have a 15 tog and a 13.5 tog quilt on my bed, and 2 throws in my living room...I just feel sorry for the visitors who come round n im in me pjs, with a quilt wrapped around me...oh well
  • rb6ac
    rb6ac Posts: 611 Forumite
    Horace wrote: »
    I dont have central heating - only electric heaters.
    Same here, we have electric heaters. We did put it on briefly last week, but that was to check it workes (as we moved in June) and it wasn't on long. :)
  • lilmissmup
    lilmissmup Posts: 6,884 Forumite
    Nope but i do have a cardigan on and one of my fellas jumpers, he never feels the cold.

Aiming to not turn it on until 1st October or even longer, don't want them evil companies getting any more of my money than i can help! :rolleyes:
    Now a SAHM trying to earn some spare pennies each month
  • Mudbath
    Mudbath Posts: 5,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I had to put it on for an hour last week. I was working from home, it was really cold and I didn't think it would be very kind to let a client freeze! As soon as she left I turned it off!! xx
  • No, my heating hasn't gone on yet and I'm hoping I can hold out until the end of october/early november. I'm hoping I don't have to cave in sooner than this.

We have fleecy blankets on the sofas which we are snuggling into on a night and I have put the fleecy blankets on the beds too.

I went to my nan's the weekend and she had her heating on and it was like a sauna!!

LMS xx
    Mortgage Balance 1st May 2009 £94749.00 :(
    Current End Date 1st April 2039.
    Total Overpayments to date £950.00 :j
  • Numpty_Monkey
    Numpty_Monkey Posts: 14,196 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I was tempted tonight I was cold when i got in,
    But i think it will be on tomorrow for an hour.
    I'm working outside tomorrow
    PROUD TO BE DEALING WITH MY DEBT NERD #869
    Numpty,Not sure why but I'm crying :o . Of all the peeps on this board you're the kindest & most supportive of all & I'm :mad: & :( for you all at the same time . Wish I was there to give you a big :grouphug: & emergency hobnobs
    xx
    DFD 5/1/16
  • Ames
    Ames Posts: 18,459 Forumite
    I'm hoping to hold out as long as possible, but I've already started using an extra throw on the bed. I've got blown air storage heating which is rubbish and expensive. We used £50 of electricity in June so it's going to be astronomical through the winter, I've started putting money aside for the higher bills but I'm going to try and keep them down.
    Unless I say otherwise 'you' means the general you not you specifically.
  • I've got storage heaters which we have stopped using due to having astronomical fuel bills and a plug in oil heater which we use in DS's room if it gets cold and then an oil burining stove in the lounge which heats the whole of downstairs. However our rule is not to turn it on until October. Let's hope we have a freaky hot October so can not use any heating until November..hmmmm..not very likely! We've got a new baby due in January so will be needing heat throughout the days when I'm on mat leave in the winter months so need to cut back as much as we can now. Actually, here's to a super early hot spring as well!
    HSBC Visa-High interest-£2349.23 Nat West £2605.18
    My Overdraft-£1500
    Barclaycard-1089.77
    Marks and Spencer card- 3331.30 next 92.67
    Total was 11066.29 now £10,968.15
  • I've not even thought about putting any heating on yet.
    I've never thought about the cost of heating until finding this site so this year I know I'll be holding out as long as possible. Once I get used to it I find it very hard to turn it off!!
    Initial Debt July 2020 - £6,772.80
    Debt now Jan 2021 - £6,208.21
    Overpayment pot - £0
  • debidoodle
    debidoodle Posts: 1,152 Forumite
    It has been colder but I have not put the heating on, have told hubby and DD to put a jumper on if they are chilly, will probably put winter duvets on the beds at the weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure