The 'complete this challenge' challenge...suitable for all!

pandapaws
pandapaws Posts: 2,119 Forumite
edited 13 June 2009 at 6:42PM in Debt free diaries
I know I'm not the only one who jumps headlong into just about every challenge that gets posted on here, and then loses steam within a few weeks (or sometimes before I've even turned the computer off :o ).

So, my challenge for all those fellow givver-uppers is simply to complete this challenge!:D

You choose what your personal challenge is: it can be to complete one of the MSE/DFW challenges that you've already signed up for, it can be a list of things that you want to accomplish by a certain date, or it can be a New Year's resolution whether money-related or not. Anything you like, BUT as soon as you post it, you are absolutely 100% committed to completing it come rain, shine or volcanic eruption. You can add further challenges as and when you like, but if you post it here, you do it.

This is one that absolutely everyone can do, you can make it as easy or difficult as you like - the hard bit is that you MUST do whatever you say you will. NO EXCUSES!

UPDATE (9 May): I've not been updating for a while (been busy 'doing' rather than talking about it!) but have just caught up. The challenge is most definitely still ON! If you've signed up but you're name's not below then sorry I missed it - leave a message on this thread or PM me and I'll add you in. NEW JOINERS ALWAYS WELCOME!

If you signed up but have quit, then be VERY AFRAID...YOU WILL BE TRACKED DOWN AND PUNISHED!*

Fellow serial-faffers, sign up below...

1. Pandapaws
2. Hypno06
3. Airwolf1
4. Buffythedebtslayer
5. Juicygirl
6. Sophie27
7. Sea78
8. Sarahneedle1872
9. Yukkibear
10. In Search Of Me
11. Pooky
12. Suzialwaysbroke
13. Penguin83
14. Intergalactic Floozie
15. Babs2008
16. ehallett
17. ltm07
18. clayremonkey
19. Damita
20. scubaangel
21. Mudbath
22. Jess444
23. Mickey Mouse
24. NoDebtDiva
25. moneymakestheworldgoround
26. lelc
27. emmamr
28. *mari*
29. Lemon Tree
30. OliveOyl
31. Amethystcash
32. postingalwaysposting
33. Lolo
34. Karmacat
35. kim_ley
36. mummytummy
37. Hales
38. Unorganised
39. Shellshell
40. nellis
41. mumps
42. pippo
43. Moremoneyinmypocket
44. mrskirsten
45. Paulgonnabedebtfree
46. A fiend for life
47. miss_keep_counting
48. **kym**
49. elsie52
50. got-it-spend-it
51. billyboberyl
52. clearing_out_my_pockets
53. Ninno820
54. tinks_77
55. TismE
56. runmichellerun
57. lauhen
58. Sunshine12
59. Scrooge2008

*I'm just trying to sound scary. No actual tracking or bodily harm will occur. Maybe.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• hypno06
    hypno06 Posts: 32,296 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I'm in!!!

My first challenge is to think of a challenge..........
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
    Life begins at the end of your comfort zone (Neale Donald Walsch)
  • pandapaws
    edited 9 May 2009 at 7:30PM
    RIght, here's mine...

Following on from conversations on my own thread, I'm going to make a bit of a list. I'm quite scared as some of these things have been getting put off for a while and as failure is not an option on this challenge I'll have to get my fat rear in gear and actually do some of the things I love to procrastinate about. Here goes with my main objectives:

1. [STRIKE]Get the tax return done in time[/STRIKE] done 27/12/08.:j
    2. Sort out and maintain all our financial records (have slipped lately and it's a mess) Update 9/5: Re-done it all, but it's on little-used old laptop. Must install Office on other computers.

3. This year I WILL get all my Ebay stock finally listed on Ebay - Update: 9/5 - working with a friend and it's seriously getting done at last. Long way to go, but definitely getting there.

4. I WILL have a clean, easily-maintained, clutter-free home. Update 9/5: YES! I'm slowly getting there! Most rooms are organised. Past the half-way mark I think, need to keep going.

5. Need to get the garage cleared out - Freecycle if necessary. Update 9/5: Still very little progress.

6. Reduce the debt by at least £20k over this year. Update 9/5: Ahem...

I'm thinking fairly big, but everyone else is welcome to list just a single thing that they'd like to accomplish - remember this is your opportunity to list things that you will definitely accomplish over whatever time period you like.

Good luck to anyone else joining me - here's to a happy, stress-free Christmas in 2009.
  • pandapaws
    hypno06 wrote: »
    I'm in!!!

My first challenge is to think of a challenge..........

In case you were thinking of it, 'eat chocolate' isn't allowed on this challenge!
  • hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    I will start off by saying that by the end of January I will:
    • reach £50 payout on dooyoo
    • be at the bottom of the ironing pile
    • be able to eat at the dining table in a chaos free manner
    • go running at least 3 times each week
    • have a perfectly tidy bedroom
    • have paid £2000 off my debt
    :D
    Successful women can still have their feet on the ground. They just wear better shoes. (Maud Van de Venne)
  • hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    pandapaws wrote: »
    In case you were thinking of it, 'eat chocolate' isn't allowed on this challenge!

not fair - you're making up rules now......
  • pandapaws
    Aw, go on then...it is Christmas after all. Eat some chocolate! I will if you do.
  • hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    OK, so my first immediate challenge is to eat chocolate such as is fitting for this time of year.
    :EasterBun
  • Airwolf1
    Airwolf1 Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I will aim to save up for a laptop (no credit on it).
    Aim to clear the remaining small amount amount on balance transfer credit card - about £400 ish.
    Try to clear the wife's student bank account, approx £1,000 on it.
    And other things too, but they'll do for now. By the end of 2009 for these.
    My suggestion and/or advice is my own and it is up to you if you follow it, please check the advice given before acting on it.
  • pandapaws
    hypno06 wrote: »
    OK, so my first immediate challenge is to eat chocolate such as is fitting for this time of year.
    :EasterBun
    You've passed. Well done!

See everyone, it's easy, you just need the motivation.

The challenging proper will start after Christmas day, I'll probably not look in again until after then but get your thinking caps on and get ready to get your life sorted out this year!
  • hypno06
    Combo Breaker First Post
    It might be a bit optimistic to say that my life will be sorted out this year, but the ironing pile would at least be a start :rotfl:

Happy Christmas everyone x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure