PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Purple_kitten
    Options
    Lurgied still.
    1 We popped out to the next town for their CS's and wonderful fruit and veg stand, CS's were not interesting this time, but a large bag of fruit and veg snaffled for £4.:cool:
    2 It's only the beginning of half term and people seemed to be very loudly at the end of their tether already. We stopped in at aldi on the way back to pick up milk and ferret chicken, and it seemed to be the place lots of out of control kids and stressed parents were.
    3 I've written a decorating plan of action for next week, blimey I feel a bit concious that my pleasures sound dull, but it desperately needs doing and as I am here and have time I may as well do it.:o
    4 I've just made hm pizza which was strangely relaxing, I had all bits and bobs of toppings in the fridge already and used up and rtc base from the freezer, it's cooking as I type.:)
    5 It's really nice that the kitchen is a bit more organised, I am feeling motivated to continue on only this time with my clothes.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,155 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Saturday).

1) A lie in.

2) Bigger son started his new job properly at Go Ape. He went to bed at 8pm! He did enjoy it.

3) Hens well and 7 eggs over the last 2 days.

4) Went to the local repair caf! and a stunning looking older lady shortened my second Roman blind. I wanted her Doc Marten boots!

5) Went round the second hand shops while the blind was being worked on and found a top by Nomads in black and purple corduroy (better than it sounds).

6) Went to the football with smaller son but our team lost 2-1.

7) Watched Casualty.

8) Messages with MrS.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Morning Folks,

This is the third time I have tried to do this, and lost the posts :mad:

Frith Messages with Mr S sounds positive :) We have an older lady who comes into school who wears fab clothes and I don't just want her DM's.....I want to be her :rotfl:

Last few days....

1. Valentines fish and chips......no cooking. :j

2. FaceTime with DD.

3. 6th form group have made £85 selling their Valentines wares. It will be re invested in Spring projects. I am very proud.

4. Got the 6th form group to empty out the DT room and organise the chaos. Traumatic, but at least now I know what we have got.:eek:

5. Half term......I wan to lie down.

6. Met a friend for coffee and had a mooch in a couple of Charity shops.

7. Invited friends for a meal tonight. Got the timings a bit wrong, so a simple meal ended up a bit pressurised, but DH said it was nice. Still can't smell or taste anything yet :(

There must have been more.......

Have a lovely day :)
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good day.

1. Met a friend for coffee. Had a catch up. Tried new place which was reasonably priced.

2. Good train journey and DH actually caught same train after he had finished work.

3. Watched rugby. It was a good match and we scored in first minute.

4. Walked round London before coming home. Went different way to normal. It didn't feel cold either.

5. The road was open when I drive home.
  • Lurgies. BoPsie has sniffelus as well.

V I am afraid that the nightware of BoPsie is in the recycle bag for rags. It is on its strings. BoP pockets are deep, arms are short!

4 Just bin to emporium w8rs and shopped. Treats were purchased for Raffles. Buzzard was purchased for dinner!

3 So we has buzzard tonight, tomorrow second helping tomorrow and then it will be curry! Today is roast chicken with pigs in bacon. Rosemary roasted tates, leeks, carrot swede mash, pan gravy and stuffing, Jam is also served! More tomorrow!

PM2DD Form looks good for MotM! Again!

Not having one today!

Are you sure of that?
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,155 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Well, turns out that MrS is of the same ilk as all my previous boyfriends/husband. A cheat and a liar and still denying madly despite my sending him various screenshots. Including his POF profile which he says he "set up yesterday"...

Anyway!

Pleasures for today (Sunday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Bigger son had his second day at Go Ape and did really well plus they invited him to the pub with them afterwards.

3) MrS was "too busy" to go for a walk with me this morning (the mind boggles - now!) so I had a lovely wander through the forest by myself after dropping bigger son off.

4) Hens well and happy in the sunshine.

5) Made several portions of lentil and vegetable soup.

6) Cleaned the kitchen.

7) Went to mum and dad's to clean and hoover the car and my old university housemate appeared! He was going out shooting with my brother. So was good to chat with him for a bit.

8) Kedgeree for tea then a tray of brownies.

9) In bed now and might listen to the Archers.

Bigger son has an apprenticeship interview in the morning!
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Frith bigger son is doing so well at the moment.

1. Went to Wisley. Had a wander around. The parking was very busy but not bad once we were in. Areas with snowfalls and crocus out were lovely.

2. Went to MIL old house and removed some stuff from the garage. Met her neighbours and had a quick chat.

3. Home and did some gardening. Some little his done.

4. Had a drink in the garden with DH.

5. DS2 cooked tea.

6. DS1 put clothes in the washing machine and turned it on without being asked.
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,208 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning

It looks nice and bright at the moment. Had a very quick dog walk before it was light.

Sunday pleasures.
    Garden is finished. Hurrah! I need to hose the turf for 20 minutes each day so shall need to go and do that soon .

Pottered about . Still coughing and spluttering.

Made the most delicious chicken pie I think I have ever made!

My friend had popped round on Saturday night with 2 lovely bunches of yellow tulips. They brightened up my day :)

Have a good Monday :) Two years ago I had my 'early' silver wedding party.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,636 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Weekend pleasures,

Boiled egg with marmite soldiers, I love me breakfasts :D

Lots of sitting around reading and generally feeling CBA, doesn’t hurt once in a while.

We did book a holiday cottage for a few days away in Norfolk, the weekend coming. Found a smashing one with a garden going down to a river at the bottom, dog friendly of course!

Unusually for me had a G&T, used a posh tonic that we picked up for Yule, orange and elderflower which was yum, being a two pint screamer one drink lasted me all night.

Up early on Sunday after rough night but watched the sunrise.

More breakfast, this time bacon butties.

Popped out to local shop and found what we were looking for, always good.

Warm sunny afternoon so went to see horse girlie, went for a amble around the fields and then gave her a good groom, she fell asleep.

Came home and Capt S had cut the grass, wonderful smell.

Watched the Countryfile weather forecast and the East is meant to be warm & sunny for our weekend away, smashing :T
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,904 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    away for a long weekend, MIL's 90th, didn't take puter :J so just catching up. all very intriguing frith signing up to volunteer at festivals - very mse vjsmum another 3 points apiece bop we is on sky next week - i don't have sky but the hatters have a reputation for not doing so well on tv!
    1) dd2 introduced me to splitmyfare to find cheapest way to get down to chesterfield at relatively short notice then bought tickets on ticketline cos booking charge less. i paid for both tickets - cheaper than ticketline just for me
    2) we took cheese sarnies for our adventure - 4 trains with 30 minutes between each later. had a chicken pie, hot, reduced, at newcastle too - yummy
    3) bil picked us up from chesterfield - dn1 and dog at home, sister at conference, dn2 working shift at local chippy
    4) saturday, another train to nottingham then bus to mil's 90th birthday lunch. xoh there but not xoh's bf after all so warned about awkwardness not there. (i tend to feel awkwardness is for xoh rather than me or bf!) good to catch up with family i haven't seen for 18 months. mil has aged a lot though :-( v glad i went
    5) they'd had the car so dropped dd1, ds and xoh at station then we drove back to chesterfield. bil has netflix. i had a marie kondo binge :D
    6) sister arrive back mid binge, dn made supper, then bed
    7) catch up with sister sunday morning, drive home sunday afternoon and now trying to convince myself i want to go to work ;-)
    vjsmum i will be returning shortly to the marie kondo page!
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure