Tales from The Shire

Comments

• Sounds like a heavenly day
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • Sounds like a heavenly day
    beanielou wrote: »
    Glad that you have had a lovely day.
    One for the memory bank :)

Thanks guys. It was a fabulous day and we come feeling rested and revived.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • Mr F and I have spent the day getting him ready for his next overseas trip... oh, and selling my car :T

One of the forums we'd originally posted the car details to 'featured' it. We had three messages in the space of twenty minutes last night from 'very interested' persons. We arranged a viewing for the guy who was first to contact us and have come to an arrangement. He'll be picking the car up a week Tuesday :D The money's not in the bank yet of course, however, if all goes to plan we'll be able to repay the new car loan and the emergency fund. If the sale falls through for whatever reason we are in contact with two to three other potential buyers.

It will be lovely to have the budget back to normal. Servicing the car loan has been making me feel very poor :o

Hope you've all had a lucrative weekend too ;)

Fortune x
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • This week I have mostly been cleaning :rotfl: My niece is visiting this weekend and I've let the housework slip a little :o I should have enough time to get things straight then I can relax and enjoy the days out I've planned for her. I'm really looking forward to seeing her.

FDawg is going into kennels Saturday so I don't have to worry about leaving him alone.

Our car buyer has paid a deposit and is celebrating all over social media so I think I can count those chickens :rotfl: It will be good to have the finances straight again.

There's no interest in the Annex yet but I suppose it's early days. We've asked all our FB friends to share the listing and lots have :) I will have to think about other marketing means.

Right, duster at the ready :rotfl:

Fortune x
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,694 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Good news about the car Fortune! :j :j :j And you don't fancy popping round and sorting my house out while you're at it do you?? :eek: Shocking mess we're in here at the minute what with the chickens living in my study, bedding being trampled everywhere, Mr Cheery in workman mode and me trying to work at the kitchen table in the middle of it all :eek:

Have fun with your niece :j What are you planning to get up to?
  • Good news about the car Fortune! :j :j :j And you don't fancy popping round and sorting my house out while you're at it do you?? :eek: Shocking mess we're in here at the minute what with the chickens living in my study, bedding being trampled everywhere, Mr Cheery in workman mode and me trying to work at the kitchen table in the middle of it all :eek:

Have fun with your niece :j What are you planning to get up to?

Not sure I could face cleaning a third house Cheery :eek: Next week I'm planning to start a spring clean of the annex. It's not too bad but it needs to be squeaky clean if we're going to put guests in it. Your house guests don't sound very tidy at all :eek:

I'll be showing niece a few of the sights - a couple of venues I've been to before and a new one. It helps here if the weather is good as there are a lot of outdoor things to do.

Fortune x
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,670 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Fab news re car!! :j: - hoorah that budgets/ EF/ car loan will all be sorted again! :T :D
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    greent wrote: »
    Fab news re car!! :j: - hoorah that budgets/ EF/ car loan will all be sorted again! :T :D
    x

Thank you GreenT. I think all should balance by end of April.

Fortune x
  • Fortune_Smiles
    Fortune_Smiles Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    I've lost track a little bit so I think it's time for a goal review:

HEALTH :j
    • I'm still going to yoga once a week and really enjoying it. I've also found a local Zumba class. I've been looking for one for ages as I really enjoy Zumba. I'm planning to go to my first class tonight :)
    • although I walk FDawg twice a day every day the duration is very weather dependent. The recent warm weather meant we got some extra outdoor time but now the wind and rain is back we've been out less. He has had a couple of further afield adventures
    • I lapsed on avoiding sugar in my diet but have been back with it for the last week. Prompted by a sudden double-boob situation in my yoga wear :eek:

WEALTH :money:
    • I've started a spring clean of the Annex although haven't got very far with it :o No bookings as yet
    • the new car has developed a fault :( but, as it's still under warranty the repair won't cost us anything. My old car has sold and the money is sitting in the bank account waiting for Mr F to get home so we can clear the loan. It's in his name so I can't request a settlement figure
    • Mr F is home at the weekend and we plan to get out in the garden. He'll be mowing and I'll be pruning and planting some veg :)

HAPPINESS :D
    • The first local girlie night took place and was a great success so I need to organise the next one now. There have been a few other social events too. We've had our first visitors this year and are expecting other guests in March and April
    • Mr F has been away with work most of the year so far and we're not expecting things to calm down until April. We are intending to continue to plan the weekends he is home so that we get some days out.

Despite Mr F being away I've had a very busy couple of weeks and been out almost every day. Today I have a day at home which I'm using to get my head straight - I've written my To Do List for the day already :A

Happy Monday folks :)

Fortune x
  • kaycastle
    kaycastle Posts: 357 Forumite
    I was instantly attracted by the title of your diary :) we often refer to our home as our hobbit hole.

Happy Monday to you too and good luck on your to do list. What veg you planting? I was really hoping to do lots of veg garden things this weekend but the weather was terrible.
    I can't wait to have tomatos again this year, it's a massive cost saving as I gobble so many.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback