Groceries with lowest minimum order?

Hello!

Is there a grocery shop that has the lowest possible minimum order?

Most supermarkets I checked out want you to order a minimum of £40 which is huge amount for 1 person household.

Thanks!

Comments

• elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 December 2018 at 8:47PM
    You can do under £40 from Tesco but they have a £4 charge. Can't see if there is a limit on how low you can go though.

Sainsbury have £25 minimum but then whack on an extra £7 for the privilege.

Iceland are £25 plus an extra couple of quid.

This is from a few months back, btw.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    HappyUser wrote: »
    Hello!

Is there a grocery shop that has the lowest possible minimum order?

Most supermarkets I checked out want you to order a minimum of £40 which is huge amount for 1 person household.

Thanks!

You can use Tesco, Asda, Sainsburys, Morrisons, Iceland all will let you do home delivery for orders under £40
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Bacman
    Bacman Posts: 537 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    You could always get to the goal (£40) with booze, toilet rolls or long life milk or whatever - things you'll need further down the line; or order every 2 weeks as fruit and veg will last that long in the fridge.
  • alanq
    alanq Posts: 4,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 December 2018 at 5:08PM
    ASDA is £25 or £40 minimum, for orders for which one pays a delivery charge, depending where you live. My area was moved from £25 to £40 a couple of years back. I don't know when it happened but I now see it is £25 again.

The Delivery Passes have a minimum order of £40 regardless.

http://asda-stores.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail_grow/a_id/1834/~/what-is-the-minimum-order-amount%3F
  • KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,603 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Iceland is £25 with a delivery charge of £2. Free delivery over £35.
  • sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    My Asda has £25 minimum order which is useful towards the end of the month just before pay day. The rest local to me are all £40 although I think Sainsbury’s does allow it with £7 delivery charge
    :money::rotfl::T
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Milk & More, where available, has no limit.

Individual items are priced higher, but not always significantly so ... their model is based on the old fashioned milkman, so they're happy to deliver a pint of milk every 3rd day if that's all you want.

We set it up for mum, to deliver 1 pint 3x a week and a loaf of bread twice a week.

First check if they're in your area, then check out their groceries prices.
    https://www.milkandmore.co.uk/
    They are skewing a lot towards the posher end of some groceries these days though, rather than just the basics.

They do though still sell "the basics" and to pick an item at random, they have Cathedral City Mature Cheddar at £4.50 for 350g. These are £2.50-£3 at regular supermarkets.
  • Dox
    Dox Posts: 3,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    If you're buying so little, try going shopping!
  • Dox wrote: »
    If you're buying so little, try going shopping!

There may be a reason why OP wants delivery, something that means going to the shops isn't easy.
  • sarah1972
    sarah1972 Posts: 18,897 Senior Ambassador
    Homepage Hero Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    There may be a reason why OP wants delivery, something that means going to the shops isn't easy.

I assume the OP drives looking at an older post https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74341500#post74341500.

You could be right though that getting to shops may not be easy, not everyone is lucky enough to have good local shops or are able to get tp them unfortunately.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Competitions Time, Shopping & Freebies boards, Employment, Jobseeking & Training boards If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure