PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

cat wee in new dyson!!

Options
HELP!!!

Hi all brought a new dyson recently after seeing a good deal on another thread, went away for a weekend to find that friend who was feeding cat hadn't opened cat door in morning and cat had whoopsied on floor (all tiles so no probs) but then when I have hoovered my doormat I got a horrendoes smell of cat wee and every time I turn my dyson on it stinks, I have stripped it all and washed it through but can still smell it any ideas?? a neighbour said either bicarb or baking soda? but didn't know which, any other ideas chums??  :'(
a please & thank you is all it takes :wave:

Comments

• Sofa_Sogood
    Sofa_Sogood Posts: 5,258 Forumite
    Options
    A dog we inherited  :o left the same sort of smell - and that was just from being in the house!

I used a tip off tv and put a few drops of essential oils (liked M&S vanilla best  ;D ) and it smells lovely everytime the house is vaccumed now.

HTH  ;)

Ooops had to edit.

Put the essential oil (few drops) on cotton wool balls and place them in the cylinder thing.
  • bamberbamboo
    Options
    Sofa_Sogood,

thanks for that just going to try that now, but smells not in cylinder thats been washed out think it's stuck somewhere between bottom of hoover and pipes, but will try that option now, ;)
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    try sprinkling bicarb on floor and hoovering, may take a few times, but as it goes through should absorb whats causing the smell.

hth,

• bamberbamboo
    Options
    will try that aswell most of my floors are wooden, so going to sprinkle bicarb now on my rugs, I've put the cotton wool in with zoflora on it an that's working quite well but the bicarb hopefully will work through the pipes, cheers :-*
  • jaybee
    jaybee Posts: 1,555 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The trouble is. . . once you get the smell in your nose (so to speak) you can 'smell' it even when it's not there.

Speak from experience of decaying mouse behind furniture - don't ask! I could 'smell' it for months but nobody else could!
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The trouble is. . . once you get the smell in your nose (so to speak) you can 'smell' it even when it's not there.

Speak from experience of decaying mouse behind furniture - don't ask! I could 'smell' it for months but nobody else could!
    :-X
  • bamberbamboo
    Options

That is so very true, i'm finding myself saying to everyone as they come in "sorry about smell" and must admit no-one has yet said "pwah" whats that stink! but maybe they're just being polite! lol ;)
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i did that when cat was sick on the rug, and people kept saying what smell, but i thought they were just being polite. :-/
  • culpepper
    culpepper Posts: 4,076 Forumite
    Options
    our dog became incontinent when she was old :-[
    Thought we had eliminated the smell until my daughters litttle friend said phew it smells like dogs doo in here.
    We had to throw away the carpet!
    The cat used to spray occasionally which is that awful bitter smell ,we used fabric freshener but had to readminister it several times. Since he has been neutered he no longer does it.
  • tinalives
    Options
    i did that when cat was sick on the rug, and people kept saying what smell, but i thought they were just being polite.  :-/

One of my cats has just been sick on my company accounts - little darlings aren't they ::)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure