PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

xmas dinner help

2»

Comments

• Lucie_2
    Lucie_2 Posts: 1,482 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    beer batter

It's an American recipe, so involves cups
  • thanks for the beer recipe.

just a quick question with the chicken stirps would you do this with cooked or raw chicken?

if you deep fried raw chicken would it cook properly?
    :love: married to the man of my dreams! 9-08-09:love:
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,864 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    slightly off topic but I stir honey/grain mustard into my mixed french beans and carrot strips for xmas dinner ;D
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Just a thought- all kids seem to like those bernard matthews roasts and netto have the turkkey leg roasts for 99p. If they like a yorkshire pud and a couple of carrots you're away!
    If you look on https://www.recipezaar.com for funnel cakes that batter actually makes a very good batter for chicken almost like the chicken balls you get from the takeaway -one tip is to deep fry them fairly slowly at first.
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,864 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    thanks for the beer recipe.

just a quick question with the chicken stirps would you do this with cooked or raw chicken?

if you deep fried raw chicken would it cook properly?
    yes you can use raw chicken
    tastes lovely deep fried
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    16011996 Posts: 8,313 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    thanks glad, i was wondering if you had to cook it first too. :)
  • just wanted to say thanks for all your suggestions and that it went really well.

boys love the chicken in batter so much we've made it again since plus are going to try to do our own version of pakora ourselves using the recipe with some adjustments. i'll let you know how i get on.
  • tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    I'm sorry but it just has to be said, it beats me why you had to have chicken nuggets for part of your Christmas dinner!
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • we didn't have chicken nuggets ::) we had chicken breast cut into strips and done in tempura batter with home made dips.

main reason was so we didn't have to make umpteen different starters due to fussy guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport