Dacia Duster (2018 version)

Comments

• So many snobs on here :(
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    So many snobs on here :(
    I'm not seeing any snobbery in this thread, just some simple explanations of fact and reality.
  • jimbo6977
    jimbo6977 Posts: 1,224
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    The 80s Duster has precisely nothing to do with the models produced more recently.

The 80s Duster was produced for the Romanian military by a state owned enterprise called ARO, based on the Renault 12 which was the foundation all Romanian cars for decades. The Romanian model name was ARO 10.

For true rarity you want to try and find a larger ARO 24, of which the ultimate find would be the 7 door version
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,452
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    SG27 wrote: »
    Its cheap in comparison to any other new similar sized suv. But at around £17000 its still a lot of money.

Pre-reg Kadjar can be got for less..

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201811212621420?maximum-mileage=500&advertising-location=at_cars&make=RENAULT&radius=1500&model=KADJAR&aggregatedTrim=Dynamique%20S%20Nav&sort=price-asc&postcode=bt622hb&year-from=2018&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&fuel-type=Petrol&page=1

Granted just 2WD and maybe the O/P needs 4WD.

Big discounts on a brand new one and Renault are offering £3K scrappage possibly on top of the normal discounts for qualifying cars like the O/Ps...

https://broadspeed.com/new_cars/renault/Kadjar/Choose_Number_Of_Doors/

https://www.renault.co.uk/vehicles/offers/car-offers/scrappage.html
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    jimbo6977 wrote: »
    The 80s Duster has precisely nothing to do with the models produced more recently.
    Apart from being the first generation to carry the Dacia Duster badge in the UK market...
  • Arklight
    Arklight Posts: 3,171
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I'd worry that they're not quite the bargain they once were. I don't know about the new ones but when I was car hunting earlier in the year, the owner reviews of the then Dusters were enough to put me off ("Feels like I could open it with a can opener" etc).
  • Factory defect!!! To anyone who is thinking about buying a new Duster. I recently bought a Dacia Duster TCE 125 4x4 Prestige 2018 which has a loud whine sound when the car reaches 100 km/h. It comes from the front differential or the gearbox area and it is probably a pinion bearing. Dacia knows of the problem. They say it is a factory defect and at the moment it has no solution. Supposedly “they are working on it…”. I love the car, but the noise is very bothersome.
  • Arklight
    Arklight Posts: 3,171
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Factory defect!!! To anyone who is thinking about buying a new Duster. I recently bought a Dacia Duster TCE 125 4x4 Prestige 2018 which has a loud whine sound when the car reaches 100 km/h. It comes from the front differential or the gearbox area and it is probably a pinion bearing. Dacia knows of the problem. They say it is a factory defect and at the moment it has no solution. Supposedly “they are working on it…”. I love the car, but the noise is very bothersome.

Yep, things like that.

What do you love about it?
  • SG27
    SG27 Posts: 2,773 Forumite
    I've had my Duster for 3 weeks now. It's a lovely car to drive. Doesnt feel cheap at all. So far im very impressed. To be honest I expected less, being a budget brand I didn't think it would be as nice as it is.

Two negatives the cab is slightly smaller than I thought it was and there isn't really anywhere to rest your foot if you want to take it off the clutch when cruising on motorways etc. But overall im very impressed and very happy with it. It is a pleasure to drive.
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    SG27 wrote: »
    I've had my Duster for 3 weeks now. It's a lovely car to drive. Doesnt feel cheap at all. So far im very impressed. To be honest I expected less, being a budget brand I didn't think it would be as nice as it is.

Two negatives the cab is slightly smaller than I thought it was and there isn't really anywhere to rest your foot if you want to take it off the clutch when cruising on motorways etc. But overall im very impressed and very happy with it. It is a pleasure to drive.

Do you ride the clutch on other roads?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport