PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Not sure re lunch, might go to the bakers and get a sald, had a bit of a dicky tummy. Tonight all being well will be pork and leek sausages stuffed flat cap mushrooms
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,864 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    veggie chilli tonight, not sure what to serve it with, I have corn on the cob that needs using up :D

Has anyone got a good idea for artichokes? I had 3 in my veg box and never cooked with them before :)
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Sweetcorn chowder for lunch and low fat sausages wrapped in bacon and oven roasted with pre-cooked new potatoes oil sprayed in there too and some veg from the freezer for our supper tonight and .....blackberries.....and coffee!
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Glad if they are Standard green artichokes, I would just trim them down to the 'bowl', steam and add to a salad - they are a lot of effort for minimum return, tasty though. If Jerusalem artichokes, I peel with a spoon and fry in butter or make soup - they taste wonderful, but I have banned my DH from them as they have a devastating effect on his digestive system :eek:

Had a wonderful lunch out yesterday, I had Mackerel salad with horseradish :D DH had breast of lamb, friends went for fish and chips and Sea bass with samphire - they all looked amazing.

Takeaway tonight DH's choice - talking of sea bass, I've just found a whopper on the doorstep, so our friend has been fishing, that's tomorrow's dinner sorted :T
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,462 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Last night was marmalade chicken, boiled rice and green salad.

Tonight it will be a baked potato, prawns in seafood sauce, side salad, coleslaw & sweetcorn.
  • Last night we had hm chicken curry and rice with chips and hm garlic and coriander naans. Tonight we'll be having tortilla pizzas with hm tomato sauce, mozzarella, peppers, mushrooms, pepperoni and spinach, served with hm coleslaw and some garlic bread... maybe some salad from the garden if it stops raining long enough to go out there.
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Local Italian tonight for something naughty and a few cocktails yum yum, lunch will just be a sandwich in preparation for tonight, then im on holiday for a week woo hooooo

:money::money::money::money::j
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    We're having pan-fried trout with a bacon, almond and beetroot salad.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    I have 'things' in the freezer to make into 'stuff' but I'm really not sure what I fancy tonight - getting a bit too hot again. I also have a bag of rather brown looking salad that is making me feel guilty about not eating it
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,039 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I have made something along the lines of Jack Monroe's tagine dish, using the following:

Chopped onion, garlic, red pepper and red chilli pepper, diced chicken breast, tinned butter beans, tinned chopped tomatoes, tinned mandarin orange segments incl juice, hefty amounts of cumin, parsley, turmeric and paprika, the juice of half a lemon and a dash of white wine vinegar. I add a little corflour to thicken the liquid, and a naughty swirl of cream as well.

I made it last night and we are finishing it off this evening, it's really tasty served over rice.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback