PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• Will make an omlette or frittata with ham and mushrooms (nearly all gone)
    onion (spring) plus whatever bits and bobs. Not sure if that will be lunch or dinner, if dinner then something eggy on toast for lunch, if lunch then will get a curry and rice from freezer.
  • Maisy_Moo
    Maisy_Moo Posts: 92 Forumite
    C_J wrote: »
    Still in need of comfort food, so tonight I am making meatballs baked in a Yorkshire pudding batter. I think it’s a Jamie Oliver recipe, it was something I saw on telly on the Food Network recently.

Giant Jaffa Cake (from the OS recipe index) for pud.

Oh my goodness. This sounds lovely. Do you have the recipe?.
    Tonight for us its either going to be h/m pizza or pork chops rubbed in spice mix with some veg and roasted. Shell on prawns for lunch. W/e treat.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I've just had baked potato with chicken mayonnaise for lunch. Will probably just pick at bits later if I'm hungry.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Plan is to grab a bite out with friends before heading to see 'Los Chicas Spicey' :D
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Maisy_Moo
    Maisy_Moo Posts: 92 Forumite
    Well we plumped for making pizza last night so it's pork chops this evening.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Lasagne today.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Lunch is sweetcorn and chorizo chowder with some cold meat and supper will be a small roast gammon joint with pineapple, mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli and broad beans and the last of a blueberry and pear crumble I made a couple f days ago with some custard.
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Meals changed round today so main meal at lunchtime. DH is cooking a leg of lamb on the BBQ - DH, partner & child coming. I will do potatoes & veg indoors.

Tonight we'll have some cheese on toast with a bit of salad.

Denise
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,504 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Pork and cider casserole here :D
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,039 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 16 June 2019 at 2:04PM
    Maisy_Moo wrote: »
    Oh my goodness. This sounds lovely. Do you have the recipe?.

Do you mean the giant Jaffa Cake? It’s a shop bought sponge flan case (I suspect that HM would be much nicer, but I don’t have much spare time this w/e). I then dissolve an orange jelly pack in orange juice instead of water, and as it is cooling down I add a tin of drained mandarin orange segments. I have a round deep pie dish which is roughly the same circumference as the flan case, so I line this with cling film and pour the orange jelly and fruit into this to set. Then when it is chilled and set, I invert it into the flan case and peel off the cling film then top with melted chocolate which has had a tablespoon of cream mixed into it to soften it a bit.

If you pour the orange jelly straight onto the sponge base (even if it is half set) it just sinks straight in and makes everything soggy. I have found by trial and error it is best to set the orange layer in another dish altogether and add it separately.

Served with a dollop of cream, it’s really lovely.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback