Barking mad relatives!

Comments

• nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'm not suggesting your cousin and her baby would do this, but it goes to show you need to be careful who you let live with you.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5995458
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Or maybe the OP should wire up the doorbell to the electricity.

I think I'm going down a darker path than most posters.
    But I can guarantee that once I've told someone they're not welcome, I don't have to repeat the message. ;)
    Perhaps she needs to go stay with the father if she know who it I, maybe it's her dad...

Tell them you don't want their little tart anywhere near your hubby.

:eek: :eek: :eek:
    Or maybe I'm not. :D
  • ska_lover
    ska_lover Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Perhaps she needs to go stay with the father if she know who it I, maybe it's her dad...

Tell them you don't want their little tart anywhere near your hubby.

Are you responding to the correct thread?

Which 'Tart' are you referring to? Whom is the tart?
    The opposite of what you know...is also true
  • chesky
    chesky Posts: 1,341 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    "..... so I didn't get the chance to write a response ...... I'll do it later..."

But you still managed to write on here. STOP PUTTING IT OFF.
  • Silvertabby
    Silvertabby Posts: 9,014 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    chesky wrote: »
    "..... so I didn't get the chance to write a response ...... I'll do it later..."

But you still managed to write on here. STOP PUTTING IT OFF.

Yes ! -the longer you leave it, the more auntie will assume that you are considering her proposal.
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Have you spoken to your mum at all about all this. What does she think?

Will she take sides? Will she see you as the bad guy, causing a family rift, if you refuse? Or does she think her sister is a bit barking too?
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,660 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Sea_Shell wrote: »
    Have you spoken to your mum at all about all this. What does she think?

Will she take sides? Will she see you as the bad guy, causing a family rift, if you refuse? Or does she think her sister is a bit barking too?

From what I recall reading about the OP's Mother, she wouldn't be the first person I'd call on for support. :(
  • Slinky
    Slinky Posts: 9,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I'm wondering if the wee girl has a great dane and a bag for life....
    Make £2024 in 2024
    Prolific to 29/2/24 £184.97, Chase Interest £11.88, Chase roundup interest £0.18, Chase CB £16.96, Roadkill £1.10, Octopus referral reward £50, Octopoints £6.30 to 31/1/24, Topcashback £4.64, Shopmium £3
    Total £279.03/£2024  13.8%

Make £2023 in 2023
    Water sewerage refund: £170.62,Topcashback: £243.47, Prolific: to 31/12/23 £975, Haggling: £45, Wombling(Roadkill): £6.04,  Chase CB £149.34, Chase roundup interest £1.35, WeBuyBooks:£8.37, Misc sales: £406.59, Delay repay £22, Amazon refund £3.41, EDF Smart Meter incentive £100, Santander Edge Cashback-Fees: £25.14, Octopus Reward £50, Bank transfer incentives £400
    Total: £2606.33/£2023  128.8%

• ska_lover
    ska_lover Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Yes ! -the longer you leave it, the more auntie will assume that you are considering her proposal.

This.

One of the big things I have learned in life, is to assert myself and to put an immediate end to stuff I do not want to happen / (Or - entirely different thread - someone being rude/horrible to me, or mine)
    The opposite of what you know...is also true
  • Sea_Shell
    Sea_Shell Posts: 9,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    ska_lover wrote: »
    This.

One of the big things I have learned in life, is to assert myself and to put an immediate end to stuff I do not want to happen / (Or - entirely different thread - someone being rude/horrible to me, or mine)

Saying NO to family is so hard sometimes though. I'm currently trying a subtle approach over stuff with mine...but they don't seem to be taking the hint. Might have to be more blunt myself.
    How's it going, AKA, Nutwatch? - 12 month spends to date = 2.31% of current retirement "pot" (as at end March 2024)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure