New NJC payscales - how does the new SCP work?

Options
Hiya,

I am a little confused with the new NJC pay scales. Does anyone know how it will it work if I was due to be made the old SCP 28 on the 1st April 2019? Will I be put onto the new SCP 21 or 22? I know it isn't a huge sum of money different but over the year that will be a holiday sorted!

If anyone knows, I would appreciate the information!

Thanks

Comments

• Energize
    Energize Posts: 509 Forumite
    Options
    marvelgirl wrote: »
    Hiya,

I am a little confused with the new NJC pay scales. Does anyone know how it will it work if I was due to be made the old SCP 28 on the 1st April 2019? Will I be put onto the new SCP 21 or 22? I know it isn't a huge sum of money different but over the year that will be a holiday sorted!

If anyone knows, I would appreciate the information!

Thanks

Your HR department will be able to tell you.

I would have thought SCP 22, because the old SCP 28 + 2% is > new SCP 21.
  • Sambella
    Sambella Posts: 417 Forumite
    I've helped Parliament
    Options
    I have to hand a print out of the new scales SCP 28 becomes SCP 22.

scales 10,13,16,18 and 21 are kind of unallocated spinal points or spare sp's at the moment because trying to have 2% between all points threw up some weirdness when doing the new points.

As part of the pay agreement there is meant to be a review of the spinal points presumably in readiness for 2020+ so these empty spinal points or whatever they call them will likely be sorted out then. The overall aim is to have 2% between all spinal points. They will also be reviewing other aspects like length of increments for each role etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure