May NSD Challenge 2018

Charleyalmostking
Charleyalmostking Posts: 148 Forumite
edited 1 May 2018 at 9:50AM in Debt-free wannabe challenges
This challenge is about setting yourself a weekly / monthly target of how many No Spend Days you would like to try and achieve during the month of January.
Keep us updated with your progress and hope you all have a great start to the new year.

To join,
just post your personal target and you are on your way.

Tips for the challenge;
1. Decide on a clear goal weekly or monthly of how many No Spend days you'd like to try and achieve

2. Create a list of allowances...What counts as a spend and what doesn't. Keep the list on you so you don't fall of the wagon or make exceptions for everything

3. Keep a tally of how many NSDs you get. See if you can beat your previous amount!

Members
charleyalmostking - 3 nds weekly / 15 nsds monthly
onedaysomeday - 20 nsds monthly

[purplesignup][/purplesignup]
Wedding Fund: £1107.23 / £2,500 Xmas'18: £100.00 / £300.00 Emergency Fund: £100.00 / £1,000H2B ISA: £30.50

Comments

• My goal is 3 no-spend-days a week, Save £2 for each NSD I have
    Or to get 15 NSDs this month.

Weekly groceries / household items such as loo roll etc. and things like medication are not included as a spend day.

Will defiantly practice more self-discipline , had a rough few months but looking forward to saving for my wedding hopefully next year and to save for an emergency fund
    Wedding Fund: £1107.23 / £2,500 Xmas'18: £100.00 / £300.00 Emergency Fund: £100.00 / £1,000H2B ISA: £30.50
  • onedaysomeday
    onedaysomeday Posts: 561
    Car Insurance Carver! Uniform Washer PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    20 for my target please :)
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • Added you :D
    I completely forgot that today was a new month
  • onedaysomeday
    onedaysomeday Posts: 561
    Car Insurance Carver! Uniform Washer PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    So did I until I clocked in at work :rotfl:

Today will be a spend day but hoping to pick up the few bits I need for the month today instead of through the month to keep most of them NSD's :)
    Just trying to make up for past mistakes and work towards the future I want :hello:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 89,805
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Ambassador
    I am going to go for 15.
    I exclude yoga, petrol, & food as long as I remain in budget.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    So kicking off with NSD no 1 today.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• spudsmum
    spudsmum Posts: 584
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I will join again too please.

Managed 7 reasonably well last month so will up it to 8 this month.

Medication, nappies, baby wipes and baby milk are accepted along with petrol or anything else that gets reimbursed by my employer.

Kicking straight off with NSD #1 today (1/8 completed)
    Total debts £21050! :eek: now £10941. 76. Total extra income made in Jan22 £109. 27 Feb 22 £45.25 Total extra income made in 2022 £154.52 Aiming for debt free at 45 - 41 months to go!
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Ok, so i am gunna have a go at this. I reckon i could do no spend day 3 out of the 5 days i am work. The only allowance i have is a pre paid spinning membership which may fall on those days. I go home every lunch time for my lunch so no need to go to a shop and petrol i usually fill up at the beginning of the week.
    Weekly groceries etc are not allowed on spend days as if i have done my weekend shop right i wont need any extras!

15 NSD’s eek

Yesterday was a no spend day and i span last night
    Today should be a no spend day also
    :j :money:
  • beanielou
    Ambassador
    NSD no 2 today.

• Yesterday was an NSD
    today wasnt.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure