Did anyone bag a Mini SNES before they sold out?

Comments

• Crazy_Jamie
    Crazy_Jamie Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    RichL74 wrote: »
    There's loads on buy it now between £150 and £300, you don't know if they're selling or not, one sells another ten get listed.
    You can filter search results to show sold items, so you do know if they're selling.
    "MIND IF I USE YOUR PHONE? IF WORD GETS OUT THAT
    I'M MISSING FIVE HUNDRED GIRLS WILL KILL THEMSELVES."
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,148 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 June 2017 at 11:55PM
    I forgot to mention I did manage to get one from a dutch retailer.

It seems the releases are staggered across the EU, not every EU country went live the same day as the UK did.

Regarding ebay they are selling but also some are been delisted before all stock is sold, one has to be aware of possible scams because ebay buyer protection is only a limited time, and the shipping date on the adverts is way before sep 29.

Before I got the dutch unit I put a offer in of £90 for one unit and was turned down but he did accept an offer of £89 from someone else.

Another one was selling at buy it now for £89 but I held off as the seller only had a 13 rating, with 0 left the advert abruptly got pulled which was odd.
  • Crazy_Jamie
    Chrysalis wrote: »
    Regarding ebay they are selling but also some are been delisted before all stock is sold, one has to be aware of possible scams because ebay buyer protection is only a limited time, and the shipping date on the adverts is way before sep 29.
    You're absolutely right. There is a tendency with some items for sellers to take part in shill selling as well (i.e. using other accounts to 'fake buy' their items) to make it look like items are selling for more than they are (thereby prompting genuine sales at higher prices), or to make it look like demand is higher than it is.

Personally I wouldn't even consider buying one on Ebay at this point, if for no other reason than so many more are going to be on Ebay once they are actually released, which should drive prices down. The risk of being let down or being scammed is too high at this point anyway as you say, but there's a decent chance that they'll also be available cheaper when they are released.
  • Barny1979
    Barny1979 Posts: 7,921 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    RichL74 wrote: »
    There's loads on buy it now between £150 and £300, you don't know if they're selling or not, one sells another ten get listed.
    Just filter the listings for Sold items, shows if they do
  • King_Nothing
    King_Nothing Posts: 854 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    I have a few on pre-order.
  • Chrysalis
    Chrysalis Posts: 4,148 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    argos having delisted and then cancelled orders have now listed it again saying they will accept orders "soon"

sadly no date/time is provided but that is the place to go in the uk for those who want one.

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/7156627

Also great advice on ebay, wait till they released.
  • Herzlos
    Herzlos Posts: 14,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Personally I wouldn't even consider buying one on Ebay at this point

Especially since we're still months from delivery. What are people buying? Pre-order codes?

I wouldn't be trying to buy one until at least a week after they've actually shipped.
  • Kingsd316
    Kingsd316 Posts: 1,394 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I managed to get one from Smyths click and collect (will prob get cancelled) thought it was the idea xmas present for my 5 year old to get him into gaming rather than him wanting to play GTA like his bigger cousins on a PS4
    :beer:
  • Crazy_Jamie
    Herzlos wrote: »
    Especially since we're still months from delivery. What are people buying? Pre-order codes?
    Privately you could purchase a pre order receipt from someone for somewhere like GAME, but the listings on Ebay are for the actual console, so you're buying hoping that the person will get their pre order, and that they will get it to you before your Ebay buyer protection expires. It's not a situation I would want to be a part of.
  • Markhy81
    Markhy81 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Managed to get one on pre order from Nintendo website, only £69.99 so cheaper than anywhere else as well.

Cant wait to get stuck into Zelda LTTP again :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure