Challenge Debra...life goes on

Comments

• UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Hi
    Just wanted to pop on and say not to worry about posting on other folks diaries. We are a community here and as such we should communicate... we may not always agree but such is life eh ;)
    I think you are doing great and you may not be on here often but anyone reading your diary can see determination and progress. Don't hide away and don't give up... :A
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • hign10pines
    hign10pines Posts: 380 Forumite
    So I need to sort out Virgin. I have the fullhouse with sky sports package on 'offer' till December. From what they told me it would actually be cheaper that what I was paying. I think not! July's bill comes to £93! A normal month should be £84 :eek:

I had a sky sports offer before and cancelled it, I only took it this time as I was getting the new v6 box free and I thought the whole package would be cheaper. Apparently not. We don't watch the sports channels really, F1 we can do with or without it and our sport comes from Premier Sports anyways.

Live chat is down at the moment so will have to try and sort it out later, I hate using the phone.
    Student nurse 2018 to 2020
    Debt: DMP (with Payplan) £8194 - 6.6 years left
  • UncannyScot
    UncannyScot Posts: 2,070 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    I have the basic bog standard Virgin package TV/Broadband/Home Phone at £35pm and find it is ok for me. Depends on what you need really, I suppose...
    Have always found Virgin to be really helpful so I am sure they will be able to sort something for you
    BUGGRITMILLENIUMHANDANDSHRIMP I TOLD EM! - Foul Ole Ron
    It is important that we know where we come from, because if you do not know where you come from, then you do not know where you are, and if you don't know where you are, then you don't know where you are going. If you don't know where you're going, you're probably going wrong.
    R.I.P. T.P.
  • hign10pines
    I have the basic bog standard Virgin package TV/Broadband/Home Phone at £35pm and find it is ok for me. Depends on what you need really, I suppose...
    Have always found Virgin to be really helpful so I am sure they will be able to sort something for you

We pay extra to have premier sports as we watch NASCAR, our phone line is basic and our internet needs to be fast as we watch things online a lot. May move back down to the 'fun' tv package as 'full house' is just about HD channels and I don't see the point to them really.
  • hign10pines
    Just been on live chat and removed the sport package, bill has gone down to £63 a month :T

In other news it looks like my OH has been paid his contracted wages for June. He hasn't looked at his bank account yet but someone who he works with has been paid. Should be able to repay the holiday money + pay me back the travel money + have some savings/pay a lump off Argos.

Do a basic budget spreadsheet for him how, just need amounts and dates of bills.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    I do read along, I just don't always reply as I'm not the most clever of people and don't want to come across wrong. I always 'thank' posts to show they are being read :D

Did you put your cards onto a loan?

I also need to cut V1rgin down but always seem to get someone who can only make the bill more expensive rather than cheaper :mad:
  • hign10pines
    I do read along, I just don't always reply as I'm not the most clever of people and don't want to come across wrong. I always 'thank' posts to show they are being read :D

Did you put your cards onto a loan?

I also need to cut V1rgin down but always seem to get someone who can only make the bill more expensive rather than cheaper :mad:

Yes I did put them onto a loan. Maybe not the right choice but this way I have set minimum amounts going out and the balances reducing, with the cards I felt they were never changing.
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Make sure you close the cards so you can't be tempted to use them again. x
  • Chandelier.
    Chandelier. Posts: 933 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    High10pines well done on the saving with the vrgin package. We have $ky and always use live chat to haggle on there! I got a brilliant deal last year.

I do keep up with your diary but haven't posted before.. I understand what you mean when it feels like you're talking to yourself. I feel like that some days.

Keep going.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
  • hign10pines
    My overdraft is also included in the loan, so my only debts going forwards are the 3 loans. One has a high interest rate so I aim to overpay that as much as I can.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family