Iii

Comments

• le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    xylophone wrote: »
    That said, a relative is getting rather exercised about missing payments due a couple of weeks ago.
    Exercise is good after Christmas!
    But not if it's just exercising you're dialling finger to speak to those helpful folk in Glasgow.
  • Nocto
    Nocto Posts: 177 Forumite
    edited 6 January 2015 at 3:21PM
    xylophone wrote: »
    Not operating shears when blind one hopes ( sheer recklessness)...or can that be the explanation.....:D

Oops! Thanks xylophone…:p

II is starting to make me feel like getting reckless with a pair of shears - for some ferocious topiary of course!:D
  • JasonPr
    JasonPr Posts: 127 Forumite
    darren72 wrote: »
    I transferred from HL to III back in February 2014 (for my ISA and SIPP) and I was under the impression I would be charged an annual fee for the SIPP but no quarterly/annual charge for the ISA.]

Did you have any cash in your SIPP in HL? If so, you'll notice that the amount received in the III account was lower - they simply deduct the fee without showing it as a separate transaction on the statement. At least this happened with me. (Actually, if I remember correctly, I made a payment to the III SIPP immediately and they took the money from that, but the same principle applies.)
  • Nocto
    Now received my missing dividend from November. Called II again this afternoon, and it was paid while I was on the phone.

Also, I received the first of my December dividends yesterday.
  • Nocto
    I know it’s a bit off topic, but a quick question for those with AJ Bell accounts.

I opened an account yesterday and have been having a quick look around the website this afternoon. I can’t find any dividend handling options other than a ‘cash withdrawal form’, which would allow me to set up monthly withdrawals.

Don’t they automatically pay them out upon receipt?:(
  • virgin11
    virgin11 Posts: 70 Forumite
    Just looked on our bank statement and noticed 2 direct debits taken by II.Spoke to a chap in Glasgow he said they are aware of the problem and will be refunding everyone's wrongly taken d/d back.With this and a couple of other errors in the last few days we have lost all faith in this bunch and moving elsewhere.
  • JenniferK
    JenniferK Posts: 264 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Nocto wrote: »
    I know it’s a bit off topic, but a quick question for those with AJ Bell accounts.

I opened an account yesterday and have been having a quick look around the website this afternoon. I can’t find any dividend handling options other than a ‘cash withdrawal form’, which would allow me to set up monthly withdrawals.

Don’t they automatically pay them out upon receipt?:(

You have the option of setting up an automatic monthly payment or manually requesting payment when dividends have been received.
  • le_loup
    le_loup Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    virgin11 wrote: »
    With this and a couple of other errors in the last few days we have lost all faith in this bunch and moving elsewhere.
    Very wise.
  • ozzage
    ozzage Posts: 518 Forumite
    virgin11 wrote: »
    Just looked on our bank statement and noticed 2 direct debits taken by II.Spoke to a chap in Glasgow he said they are aware of the problem and will be refunding everyone's wrongly taken d/d back.With this and a couple of other errors in the last few days we have lost all faith in this bunch and moving elsewhere.

Yep me too. Two monthly SIPP contributions taken from the company account on the 2nd Jan. No sign of a refund yet. What a joke!

Edit: Also typical that they don't preempt the inevitable complaints and notify people! No wonder they can't keep up with client communication.
  • Nocto
    JenniferK wrote: »
    You have the option of setting up an automatic monthly payment or manually requesting payment when dividends have been received.

Thanks, looked like that was the case, but I wasn’t sure if I was missing something. I guess you also have to make sure that there’s cash in the account when the fees are due?

Though of course transferring to AJ Bell would solve the trust issue (god only knows what II will mess up next!), I’m now not sure they offer quite the service I’m after. I know it sounds petty, as it’s not hard to login occasionally to transfer cash in or out, but I want an account which can tick along unsupervised and pays out the dividends as soon as they receive them.

I might transfer to AJ Bell, going to have to think it over for a while.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure