Making cards - Ideas for beginners (part 4)

Welcome to the Card Craft thread where there are many members who are new to card making as well as the more experienced members who love helping others out on their path to making cards. If you are new to this craft please do post and somebody will be along with some advice for youicon7.gif

Please note this thread is now a continuation of an original thread on making cards - Part 1, the second thread - Part 2 , and the third thread - Part 3 it may be a good idea to look these first for advice
Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)

Comments

• Popkins
    Popkins Posts: 925 Forumite
    oooh shiny new thread!!! hopefully I MIGHT be able to keep up with this one... well for a bit anyway!! :o

ooooh I want to find papermill at NEC - wanted to last time but had NO room left in my trolley!! haha!! :rotfl:- have started a list...

Papermill for card/paper (errrm obviously!) :o
    Electric die cutter - cricut? robo - want to see demos if poss really tempted by the 'pink' cricut at the moment :rotfl:NOT just cos its pink honestly!!
    Nesties
    Punches
    inks for stamping - since I'm mid clearing/sorting have discovered I actually have a ton of stamps and I've never done any stamping & actually have hardly any inks and not a clue which ones to buy!!!

Don't think my sealed tin is feeling heavy enough for my list so far and I'm bound to think of more stuff... :o
  • savvy
    savvy Posts: 31,128
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Wahaaaay congrats on being the first in Popkins ;)
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • Popkins
    Popkins Posts: 925 Forumite
    thanks!! :j thought I'd get in quick before everyone starts yacking - they can't arf yack on here!! :rotfl:otherwise wouldn't have got a look in till about page 50!!! :D
  • Oooh shiney :D Thanks for a sparkly new thread Savvy

My list is very much like yours Popkins, including electronic cutter.

My sealed tin is none existant though :o
    furrypig says:my name is Choccy and I am addicted to nose free stamps as I want to save them all and give them noses!!!:rotfl:
    About me. Im Choccy or Chocolate orange depending on where i am.Yes occasionally i am a total looon who spends too long online,but no where near as much £ as her spendy elves do ..:D
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Thanks for the shiny new thread :D .....

Pepop as for the trolley they sell them in 8's ... maybe we should have a group buy :rotfl: I need 8 for the NEC, then Popkins will need 64 for all her stuff :rotfl:
    Maybe I should hire a trailer for the car?
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • Giggle
    Giggle Posts: 3,137 Forumite
    Just thought i would give an update of the bag sealer i got its fab been doing all kinds of bags this morning i so glad i got one now :)
    I Love My Computer Because My Friends Live In It
  • PepPop
    PepPop Posts: 1,790
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    :j New thread:j

Rusty The rate you lot are going I think you'll need one of these

BS%2520Artic%2520Westpoint.JPG

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Oh and take the spendy elves back, I've just googled Papermill and discovered there's one reasonably near me AARGH :eek:
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    PepPop wrote: »
    :j New thread:j

Rusty The rate you lot are going I think you'll need one of these

BS%2520Artic%2520Westpoint.JPG

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Oh and take the spendy elves back, I've just googled Papermill and discovered there's one reasonably near me AARGH :eek:

Just the one? :eek: :rotfl:
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
  • ali.b.123
    ali.b.123 Posts: 1,240 Forumite
    Afternoon all, 'fraid darent sit too long as will fall asleep - must keep going - and its swimming AND its Parents Evening!! I want my bed!!!:cool:

Just incase it may be of use to some of you - as I only realised they do fill your own boxes with card & paper at The Works - not sure if its only certain stores though because this one was near my mums & the one near me doesnt - thought might come in handy as there isnt a papermill near us bit of a trek to York or Metrocentre. Didnt get chance to check out the quality though:(

Lovely bits & pieces for easter in the poundshops & home bargains if you want to check them out - got some cute stickers & lovely ribbons for 99p each.

Lei, not sure if commented on your blog - but your candles are lovely:T
  • Lyndach
    Lyndach Posts: 446
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Oh no your making the spendy elves head my way!
    Although I nipped out the range today, it's only 2 mins up the road! and bought this http://www.craftie-charlie.co.uk/my-mind-s-eye-penny-lane-12-x12-specialty-glitter-cardstock-54.html for £12.99
    Gonna have to save up and go to the papermil shop, there's 2 in the next city or get OH to drive to Swindon, anyone know if the swindon one is big?
    GC July: £0/£120
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport