Time to get serious

Comments

• I’m feeling a lot more calmer now than at the beginning of the weekend. I’ve been plodding on chipping away at everything and I feel slightly more on top of things. Although we didn’t manage to look at the flooring. The place was closed Saturday afternoons even though the website said they were open :(

Accounts are 2/3rds complete, ironing is up to date, DD1 and DGS stayed last night so he could open his birthday presents here this morning. A cooked breakfast at home instead of going out this evening is also good for the bank balance too!

A couple of lovely long dog walks in the sun has helped too.

It’s going to be another busy week with quite a few extra activities going on so I’m going to make the most of a quiet evening tonight.

I hope everyone has enjoyed the weekend.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    That sounds a really nice, family weekend, EE, it must have been lovely.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • It was lovely KarmaCat, as always though the weekends aren’t long enough! Even this long weekend now could do with being a bit longer!! I think working less will soon be a goal here :)

I was out all day yesterday with pupster again. This will feature most weekends now until the end of the year whilst we are working on a qualification. However I did have mse ways in mind, took the opportunity to carshare and took a packed lunch and drinks. It turned out really hot so I could have done with taking more to drink, a lesson for next weekend’s travels.

Building work is due to start any day and a job I’m on needs cover 6-2 for a couple weeks which will throw my routine completely out!
  • Working 6-2 this week has really thrown my routine out the window. I’m quite surprised how tired it has made me! It may continue next week but it depends on the project.

No building work started either this week, so the money I’ve saved already can stay in the savings account a little bit longer.

Accounts and VAT return have been completed :)

Meals have been a bit haphazard this week with the different routine, so I need to check what is in the fridge that will be out of date, or looking a bit ropey.

We are out to the local village pub tonight for dinner as it is our wedding anniversary, it does very good food, is quite reasonable and just a couple minutes walk. Although we need to get up early tomorrow for this weekend’s dog event. Must pack more to drink this week!
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Happy Anniversary EE! That sounds like a nice little celebration :) And lots of luck at the dog event :)
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Thank you KarmaCat, hope you are having a good weekend too.
  • I’m busier than a busy thing at the moment.

Back to normal hours working next week, I definitely am better when I’m in a routine so I’m looking forward to getting back into the routine.

Building work still hasn’t started. Not that we are in any hurry but it does irritate me that people give dates and then totally ignore them.

We’ve been to the showroom to look at the type of flooring we are after and it is even better than I expected. I think we will get it in the kitchen and inside the front door as well. I will need to investigate price comparisons next, but no hurry I guess!

Everything else is just plodding along. Lots of dog events (taking food and drink with us), we’ve got a few more points racked up towards his qualification now. Dog food shop and food for us has been delivered last week.

I’ve purchased a few more travel food type items this week to help with organisation. Lunch bags with mini cool blocks to make it easier to take food with us to the events. For keeping the dog food cool, separate containers and a separate bag for them. I also sneaked in a copy of economy gastronomy book at the same time, so I’m looking forward to reading through that.
  • Back to our normal routine this week.

Last weekend meter readings were all submitted, there is a huge debt on the g&e bill, so I’m not convinced it really was a cheaper tariff :(

The meal plan has been completed and used throughout the week with a small top up shop last night on the way home. Mostly for baking ingredients as I’ve offered to bake brownies for the village fete next weekend.

It’s looking like it will be a scorcher this weekend (and next) I have lots of weeding that needs doing both at home and up the stables, so that’s the rough plan for this weekend. Although I do need to order some presents for hubby’s birthday at the beginning of next month too.

I’ve got a few tubs of mint choc chip ice cream in the freezer when it was offer a couple weeks back which will be perfect in this weather :D

Talking of offers I saw the offer on mse site for theme park tickets on Cadbury’s packs, so grabbed a couple packs last night as DD1 is going to Alton towers next month. Hopefully should save her a fortune!
  • Busy_Mee1
    Busy_Mee1 Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    Glad to hear your busyness is getting back to normal levels ETE and here is to the good weather. The summer seems to have actually arrived this year
  • Morning :wave:

The goal for today is to try and keep cool! I’m finding it hard to get things done in this heat. Even walking the dogs at 6 and it is hot already. This year is certainly a year of extremes weather-wise.

The last event of this month that requires hundreds of miles of travelling was yesterday, all the others are more local until September now, apart from a lesson later in the month, which should help with fuel costs.
    The cool bags and taking food each week has been such a great help with costs.

I’ve signed up for the MasterCard offer that was in the email the other week, not sure if it will be much, but every little helps :money:

The extension has still not been started, who knows when that will begin.

Other money news is that the huge contract for our business is coming to an end. This is completely expected, it was only supposed to be for a couple months and has rolled on for a few years, so can’t complain. I’m looking forward to a bit of time to catch up with everything else! Although not great timing for the extension.

The business year end is end of July so I really need to get all expenses completed before year end. They are somewhat behind.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure