GBW concerns

I have been a mysteryshopper for this company as well as others for several years but have found fewer jobs available over the past 5 years. Before this year I had not done any job since 2013. I noticed a job came up in my area so checked through my details and noticed it was an old closed bank account so tried to change the details online but it would not let me. I sent off an enquiry giving my bank details and asking them to change them. I then did 2 jobs for them but could not see any payment so contacted them again. They take 10 days to respond to and then ask for the same bank details I had already given them. Sent the same details and another 10 days to ask which payment I was referring to doh! the only one in the last 4 years perhaps? Since then no response and guess what no payment. It has now been nearly 3 months and I even started a new enquiry on the subject of lack of response. Something tells me I'm not going to get my money! :cool:
"Sometimes life sucks....but the alternative is unacceptable."

Comments

• vegasvisitor
    vegasvisitor Posts: 2,295 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Not sure as I don't work for them, but someone is posting on a facebook group (Mystery Shoppers UK Forum), saying they haven't been paid. If it's not you, then there's someone else in a similar situation. Others appear to have been paid up to thee point they should have (excluding April and May I think they said).
  • russetred
    russetred Posts: 1,334 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    No its not me and like them I haven't been paid for April/May. Funny thing is they keep emailing and phoning me to do more work for them. So far I have politely said no and pointed out I have not received any payments. They never respond to that.
    "Sometimes life sucks....but the alternative is unacceptable."
  • MissF87
    MissF87 Posts: 26 Forumite
    Aware this is an old post but wondered if anyone had any similar issues? I'm owed £50 by GBW, payment due 25-30th last month but didn't receive anything, messages them & they said they were "resolving banking issues" several replies later they promised payment yesterday, still nothing. It's showing on my GBW account as being paid yesterday but still no money. They've said I won't get the rest until the end of june despite the fact the assignments were completed at the beginning of April. I'm so annoyed! It was looking like such a great opportunity for me, I'd estimated I could be taking home about an additional £70 after tax & NI every month as there are loads of assignments in my area....too good to be true :(:(
  • I always reckon on them taking 2-3 months to pay. I'm happy with that as they have always paid me and I have done a lot of work for them. I guess if you aren't willing to wait that long to get paid then you shouldn't work for them in the future.
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,051 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It says on their website that payments are processed from overseas so will take a few days to arrive so don't expect money in your account today if they sent it yesterday.

I haven't worked for them recently but they were one of the slower paying MSC, took over a month from when work was undertaken.
  • MissF87
    MissF87 Posts: 26 Forumite
    They are saying they paid yesterday and it will take 2-3 days whivh is fine, however it says in their FAQs that they pay between 25&30 of the month for jobs completed in the previous months, that didnt happen and then they said i wont receive payment for the jobs i completed at the start of april until the end of june, it all sounds really wishy washy to me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure