Drug use at work

Comments

• sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    From the PIL:

"Tramadol capsules may make you feel drowsy, dizzy or in rare cases blur your vision. This may be made worse if you drink alcohol or take other medicines such as strong painkillers with tramadol. Make sure you are not affected before you drive or operate machinery."
    Yep - and I take it with other medicines. Fortunately it doesn't have any side-effects on me. My GP tells me it has a great street value, but I think she's giving me the wrong stuff, because I wouldn't pay for it!!! Absolutely nothing to show for it....You'd think that I could at least have a bit of euphoria for all the c**p!
  • Malthusian
    Malthusian Posts: 10,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    mpython wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware, no UK employer drug tests its employees. Happy to be corrected.

Every UK employer connected with professional sport has to drug test its employees. Not sure where you even got this idea to be corrected.
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 December 2017 at 2:01PM
    sangie595 wrote: »
    Yep - and I take it with other medicines. Fortunately it doesn't have any side-effects on me. My GP tells me it has a great street value, but I think she's giving me the wrong stuff, because I wouldn't pay for it!!! Absolutely nothing to show for it....You'd think that I could at least have a bit of euphoria for all the c**p!

Yup - Awful stuff for me too. I had it after my arthritis operations - I was given it for compound effect alongside another milder painkiller that frankly worked better all-round. I ditched the Tramadol after just a few days because as well as only minimal improvements in painkilling properties, after a few days use I got insistant buzzy headaches and it mucked with my blood pressure something rotten.

How anyone enjoys this quite escapes me.
  • shortcrust
    shortcrust Posts: 2,697 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Newshound!
    I do half wonder whether this is a wind up thread.
  • bouicca21
    bouicca21 Posts: 6,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    DD's employer operates a random drug/alcohol testing regime - and applies it to all workers not just those who work with potentially dangerous equipment.
  • z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 8 December 2017 at 6:31PM
    Fork lift, it doesn't lift people. It may break if the brakes don't work.
  • From the PIL:

"Tramadol capsules may make you feel drowsy, dizzy or in rare cases blur your vision. This may be made worse if you drink alcohol or take other medicines such as strong painkillers with tramadol. Make sure you are not affected before you drive or operate machinery."

Okay but what are the negative effects?
  • z1a wrote: »
    Fork lift, it doesn't lift people. It may break if the brakes don't work.

So my English is not the best.. I grew up in care, went to one of the worse schools in the country and you have no idea about the struggles in my life, absolutely un necessary condescending reply.

Thank you for the replies elsewhere.. It is not a wind up thread at all like said earlier.. I really am concerned. In regards to Tramadol, for sure he does not have prescription people laugh at him all day about it and he claims it is pain but the doctor doesn't believe him, another person there had colon problems and gets them and sells them to him. So I did not make a mistake with that.

Thank you for answers I must think what to do..
  • RichardD1970
    RichardD1970 Posts: 3,795 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 10 December 2017 at 2:04PM
    mpython wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware, no UK employer drug tests its employees. Happy to be corrected

Mine does. Very large, highly unionised manufacturing company.

We were drug tested as part of the recruitment process and there is provision for random drug tests on any employee (although I have never known anyone be selected).

The logistics is outsourced and any driver, forklift, tow truck, HGV or any other will be drink and drug tested immediate after even the most minor of incidents.
  • patman99
    patman99 Posts: 8,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Op, assuming these folks drive a car to and from work, the Police would be very interested in someone anonymously tipping them off with names of suspected drug drivers along with descriptions for the cars they drive.

Also, worth noting that if you are a lover of seeded rolls, if said rolls have poppy seeds on them, then you will fail any drugs test taken within 4 hours of consumption.
    This has been verified by official tests in both the UK and USA.

Driving a flt is hazardous enough without doing it under the influence of drugs.
    Never Knowingly Understood.

Member #1 of £1,000 challenge - £13.74/ £1000 (that's 1.374%)

3-6 month EF £0/£3600 (that's 0 days worth)

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure