Good and Bad Buys from Aldi & Lidl *Do NOT Expire Please*

Comments

• Thanks for the response. The new yogurt is now made in UK. In fact they make a big thing that its Devon milk and it does say made in Devon (so clearly a different line to the Irish one that got good reviews)
    The 3 we had were just horrid. Sour and totally thin. Hit and miss may describe the range but this is a definite MISS
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,124 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Just watching the second practice for Silverstone noticed a big Lidl sign on the nose cone of the Torro Rosso's if you have any idea how much a square centimetre of advertising space is on an F1 car you can guess how much this has cost them,clearly a sign for people that Lidl is moving up in the world.
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,270 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    PLRFD wrote: »
    Gi see no problem feeding a moggy chicken and as said it's cheaper to cook for your animal as I do for my dog than the crap in tins,I saw an advert for cat soup on TV yesterday,think of Peter Kay saying cat ? Soup ?.

Cat soup was very useful when our cat had a couple of teeth removed
  • Murphybear
    Murphybear Posts: 7,270 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Nelson41b wrote: »
    Thanks for the response. The new yogurt is now made in UK. In fact they make a big thing that its Devon milk and it does say made in Devon (so clearly a different line to the Irish one that got good reviews)
    The 3 we had were just horrid. Sour and totally thin. Hit and miss may describe the range but this is a definite MISS

Made by the Ambrosia part of Premier Foods. It's in Lifton which is so far west it's almost in Cornwall:D
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    quoia wrote: »
    Heard something on Radio 5 about this in the last 2 or 3 days

Apparently gram for gram it's healthier to eat LARD than coconut oil due to it fat content

But what people fail to understand is that coconut oil is a medium chain triglyceride and is metabolised differently to the other saturated fats such as lard and butter which are both long chain triglycerides. MCTs are rapidly metabolised and used as fuel for energy, directly processed by the liver, therefore are not stored as body fat.
  • Feral_Moon
    Feral_Moon Posts: 2,943 Forumite
    Gi see no problem feeding a moggy chicken and as said it's cheaper to cook for your animal as I do for my dog than the crap in tins,I saw an advert for cat soup on TV yesterday,think of Peter Kay saying cat ? Soup ?.

It's much better to feed raw as cooking destroys some vital nutrients.
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,124 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I wouldn't feed my dog any raw meat.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    I wouldn't feed my dog any raw meat.
    Would they have a choice in the wild?
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,154 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Feral_Moon wrote: »
    But what people fail to understand is that coconut oil is a medium chain triglyceride and is metabolised differently to the other saturated fats such as lard and butter which are both long chain triglycerides. MCTs are rapidly metabolised and used as fuel for energy, directly processed by the liver, therefore are not stored as body fat.

Thanks for that, I had a feeling that there must be more to it.
  • Doc_N
    Doc_N Posts: 8,267 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    dlusman wrote: »
    .......I know you shouldn't trust anything you read in the daily mail.........

That's a motto for a long, successful and happy life! :)

Even Wikipedia won't accept the Mail as a source of accurate information. A supporter of the Nazis in the 1930s, it continues to push out bile, hatred and lies claimed to be facts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure