Teletext robbery

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced the same issues as myself when booking a holiday through Teletext;

Basically I found a few holidays that worked for me and my girlfriend price and date wise so I called to make a booking, instantly the call was answered and I was checking availability on my chosen holidays - all of which were no longer available. The sales advisor made a few suggestions broadening my date and price range but we rolled with it going through the options. Eventually my sales advisor Ravi told me about a booking that had just been cancelled and was available to me with all the extras at a discounted price, I couldn't resist! Once the holiday was booked and the call had ended I received the confirmation email and instantly realised I'd made a blunder and the dates were wrong!

Straight away I called back and surprisingly got straight back through to Ravi - He showed absolutely no desire to help me solve my situation but assured me that his manager would call me back later in the day and everything would be okay, I might receive a small charge but I was prepared for that. I wasn't comfortable with this option because I had literally just made the booking, some efforts could have been made to solve this issue early in its tracks.

Hours passed and I received no contact, so I called again. Back and forth I was passed from line to line with not one teletext employee
showing a glimpse of compassion or care.

After lots of back and forth and being on hold I had no luck in changing dates or cancelling my booking I decided to wait for the manager to call me in hope he would help me out.

I waited 6+ hours for the call, once I explained my situation I was basically told go on the
holiday or lose your money. If I wanted to change the dates I would have to pay in excess of £1000 but that couldn't be confirmed because by this point the airline call centre had closed. I couldn't believe it! I've managed a retail store with mail order and wouldn't dream of allowing a paying customer to be spoken to or treated in this way by a sales advisor, let alone a member of the management team!

I have called over 20 times since booking, each customer service advisor telling me different things. One minute I will receive a small fraction back, the next it's 100% non refundable.

Between Wednesday last week and today I have been non stop attempting contact, every email I have sent explaining the situation has been ignored. I'm just so shocked at the lack of care for a paying customer. The moment your money is in their hands they don't want to know anymore. I feel robbed.

Has anyone been in a similar situation and managed to claw back anything?

My girlfriend was on a teletext holiday at the time of the booking and had recommended the site, her family and my parents use teletext multiple times in the year and after the way I have been treated all have vowed to never use again, so was shafting me on one booking worth it Teletext? - book with caution because you can guarantee if anything needs to be amended you're out of luck with these cowboys!

I hope that if nobody has any advice or help for me then at least this post will help anyone considering booking with Teletext to proceed with caution.

Many thanks,

Charles

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Read the t&cs of your booking. That will explain what will happen in the event of changing or cancelling the holiday.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hello and Welcome to MSE

Others have had problems http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5266021
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • CharlesF
    CharlesF Posts: 5 Forumite
    You're correct, it does state what should be happening and I'm not getting that
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    CharlesF wrote: »

What do the terms state should be happening?

Who are your flights with?
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,359 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!

what do the t and c say

you are not the first in a long line of complaints about teletext on here
  • CharlesF
    An airline called enter air, here's a snip from the t&c's that I was expecting.

More than 84 days:Deposit.
    57-84 days:30% or deposit whichever is greater.
    29-56 days:50%.
    22-28 days:75%.
    8-21 days:90%.
    Within 7 days of departure:

My main issue here is the manor in which Teletext has treated me since taking my money.
  • photome
    An airline called enter air, here's a snip from the t&c's that I was expecting.

More than 84 days:Deposit.
    57-84 days:30% or deposit whichever is greater.
    29-56 days:50%.
    22-28 days:75%.
    8-21 days:90%.
    Within 7 days of departure:

My main issue here is the manor in which Teletext has treated me since taking my money.

how are they breaking those t and c, you havnt given enough info there are no cooling off periods for holidays

who made the date blunder you or them did you agree to the date on the phone

as for how they have treated you by the amount of complaints on here I think that is the norm.
  • CharlesF
    Please re read my post and see my intentions are in hope of finding someone else who's been in my boat, failing that help someone else before making the same mistake!

Yes I agreed to the dates, my point is ive tried since the moment it was booked to make adjustments and Teletext do not want to know. That service alone is enough of a reason to speak up. So please kind sir, save it if you're not going to provide a helpful input.
  • photome
    Please re read my post and see my intentions are in hope of finding someone else who's been in my boat, failing that help someone else before making the same mistake!

Yes I agreed to the dates, my point is ive tried since the moment it was booked to make adjustments and Teletext do not want to know. That service alone is enough of a reason to speak up. So please kind sir, save it if you're not going to provide a helpful input.

Oh dear ,you posted on an open forum and I have tried to help so no need for that type of response

I have said there is no cooling off period and asked if it was your mistake or theirs re the date (it seems it wasnt a mistake)

There are hundreds of posts on here about how bad teletext are, you only need to do a search to find many n the same boat as you
  • CharlesF
    Update -

I have an email from a teletext customer support advisor confirming that I will receive a bit of a refund if I cancel by the end of today. I called today to confirm and cancel to get my part refund and I was told no it is 100% non refundable despite having it in writing. As I argued it I was told I would get a call back this morning, the call never came so I rang them only to be told that their systems are down and I will get a call back after 2pm before 3pm. The airlines phones close at 4pm, I am left with minimal time to claw anything back and it just seems like constant lies to make sure they keep everything
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure