Egg Money Manager and A&L

:confused: I signed up for Egg Money Manager and was using it successfully for all my accounts until Alliance&Leicester updated their web site. Since then it hasn't worked and I can't get any access to my A&L accounts through EMM. I have e mailed egg and carried out their instructions but it hasn't worked. Is anyone else finding this or is it just me?
Wombling £457.41

Comments

• fannyadams
    fannyadams Posts: 1,741 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I had shed loads of problems with A&L website update and EMM, presumably coz I never use IE (check out http://www.stopie.com/ for the reason why).
    Anyway I followed what they said to the letter (dips out a sec to look at secure message - no peeping at my password - and post here)
    "OK I'm back, and here's what they said to me:

"We'd already noticed the change to the Alliance and Leicester website and we updated Money Manager at 4pm on Wednesday the 22nd of March. We'll need to be sure your computer notices the update straight away so please follow these instructions.

In Internet Explorer:

- Click on 'Tools' at the top of the screen
    - Then on 'Internet Options' at the bottom of the list
    - Click 'Settings' half way down on the right, select 'Every visit to the page' and click OK
    - Click the 'Delete Files' button, half way down in the centre
    - Tick the box and press 'OK'
    If this doesn't work try this:

It may be that your work PC is remembering old pages. Could you try deleting your temporary internet files and see if this fixes the problem? Here's how:

- Close all active browser windows
    - Open a new browser and choose 'Internet Options' from the tools menu at the top of the screen
    - Under the 'general' tab choose to clear history of visited websites and to delete temporary Internet files. When prompted, select to delete all offline content.
    - Under the 'Advanced' tab, tick the box 'do not save encrypted pages to disk' (it's towards the bottom of the list)
    - Confirm changes, close the Internet Options box, close the browser window.

You may need to restart your PC for the changes to take effect. Once you've done that, log on to the Egg website and see if this works."

HTH
    just in case you need to know:
    HWTHMBO - He Who Thinks He Must Be Obeyed
    DS#1 - my twenty-year-old son
    DS#2 - my teenaged son
    Barkin Things - my two rescued/retired greyhounds
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income