Ebay Wedding Dresses

Comments

• Oh no!I decided to show hubby 2B a few dress styles I liked just to gage his response,I want him to think I look nice too,and he turned his nose up at them all.Turns out it was mainly the colour he didnt like,white or ivory.He also felt my choices were a bit safe,i.e too much fabric up top.He wants me to look like a busty wench and I want to look elegant and demure.
    We are going to have a bit of an unusual wedding as neither of us was interested in having the big white wedding but it seems that he didnt expect a white dress to feature in the wedding at all.
    I did initially think I would have a coloured dress,red or purple,maybe even green(our initial idea for a wedding was a medieval theme),but after trying a few I found that I only really felt like a bride when I wore a more traditional white dress.
    Back to the drawing board then I guess.
    Has anyone had a dress made up in a colour from asapbay,the item descriptions just give a choice of 5 shades of white and ivory?
    "Reaching out to touch the stars dont forget the flowers at your feet".
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Have you mentioned you feel more 'bridey' in white or ivory? Seems a shame to give that up... He would probably be blown away as soon as he see's you in a wedding dress no matter what colour... I think it might be worth talking to him about it again, maybe in a couple of weeks to let him mull it over...
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

• Have you mentioned you feel more 'bridey' in white or ivory? Seems a shame to give that up... He would probably be blown away as soon as he see's you in a wedding dress no matter what colour... I think it might be worth talking to him about it again, maybe in a couple of weeks to let him mull it over...

I think the thing about the white dress is it is traditional and we both decided from the outset that we were definately not having a traditional wedding.Hubby sees it as a symbol of the big white wedding and it really has quite upset him.He didnt think I would want to feel bridey,neither did I infact.He still sees me as the gothic vixen he met 18 years ago and I honestly think he wants me to look like that again on our wedding day.I will keep looking though and try to find something that makes both of us very happy.
    Our initial ideas for our wedding was an iron age or medieval theme,castle,hog roast and scottish fiddle music but as things progressed we thought it was all getting a bit too theme park and I am now turning it to something a bit more refined or traditional than he expected it to be.Maybe he doesnt feel comfortable with the plans anymore.Major discussion needed I think.
  • DizzyT_2
    DizzyT_2 Posts: 126 Forumite
    How about going for a gold or even adding a colour to a cream/white dress. Then you get the bridal feel but with a bit of added colour to take away some of the traditionalism of it. :D
  • DizzyT wrote: »
    How about going for a gold or even adding a colour to a cream/white dress. Then you get the bridal feel but with a bit of added colour to take away some of the traditionalism of it. :D

I have shown him some dresses in dark ivories,champagne,gold and some in white with my favourite colour,purple, as either embroidery or as an inset down the back but he is not impressed at all.I will keep looking.The last thing I want on my wedding day is for my husband to dislike the way I look.
  • DizzyT_2
    DizzyT_2 Posts: 126 Forumite
    I have shown him some dresses in dark ivories,champagne,gold and some in white with my favourite colour,purple, as either embroidery or as an inset down the back but he is not impressed at all.I will keep looking.The last thing I want on my wedding day is for my husband to dislike the way I look.

When i first started to chose my wedding dress i did exactly wha you did and asked my partners opinion on dresses. WRONG MOVE!! Nothign I picked was what he liked.

I went out and chose a dress that looked good on me and made me feel incredibly special. By chosing one I was happy with I know that on the day he will look at me and love whatever I am wearing because i will be happy.

Men can be more fussy that girls at times. Think about how often do you ask his opinion on other items of clothing? I hardly ever consult Alec on what i buy for everyday wear! :rotfl:
  • tudorfan22
    tudorfan22 Posts: 436 Forumite
    this is the one i love - has anyone bought anything similar and what do they think? http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?pageSize=64&showAll=1&style=J141C so far it costs £4.50 + £60 p+p - bargain, form somewhere called gaofang_688xingwang anyone heard of this seller? can they recommend her? if not do you think asapbay will do a version of this dress?
    )

:beer:
  • honeypop
    honeypop Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    reehsetin wrote: »
    I have fallen in love with one of ebay dresses someone posted

Ooh, which one? I too changed my dress after seeing someone elses posted on here lol!

Mine is on its way from asapbay, last tracked at Customs on Friday. Was hoping it would arrive by today as I need chief bridesmaid to help me in to it and do it up and she goes on holiday tomorrow, have left a note on my front door for any parcels to be left with a neighbour rather than taking it back to the depot and me having to arrange a re-delivery, so if it does come today then hopefully it gets left with someone. Everyone keeps asking me if I'm nervous about getting it, and no I wasn't, until everyone started asking me!! Fingers crossed it's what I expect, although I do have 4 months to go so enough time to get an alternative dress if needed.
  • Which style did you go for, Honeypop?
  • honeypop
    honeypop Posts: 1,501 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    I am having the front of Maggie Sottero Adelaide and the back of Alfred Angelo 1136.

http://www.maggiesottero.com/dress.aspx?line=m&pageSize=8&style=A3157
    http://www.alfredangelounitedkingdom.com/Collections/ProductDisplay.aspx?style=1136

I was having all of AA1136, as it was kind of what I was looking for, but wasn't sure on the waist ruffles or the detail down the front of the skirt, but when I think it was K8te, posted pics of the dress she chose, I liked it so much I found a shop with it in and tried it on aswell and couldn't choose between the two dresses. So I am having a combination of the two! I am having it in gold.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure