**October 2012 Brides and Grooms**

Options

Comments

• MrsDS2be
    MrsDS2be Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    Ouch Olokia, Where are you getting married?
    Mine is £319.50 in total
    Met my Soul Mate 08/02/2005
    Married my Soul Mate 26/10/2012
  • Nic_Noc_Noo
    Nic_Noc_Noo Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    MrsDS2be wrote: »
    I joined Slimming World last week in an attempt to get to where i want to be for my wedding:j

First week loss = 5.5lb
    Approx 32lb to go now :eek:

well done you! I'm not planning on losing weight so much...more toning up I think (it will NEVER happen but I can dream...:rotfl:)

glad you've sorted your registrar out and the time you wanted too - big relief I bet? :T

received our Save the Dates today -yey! - ordered from Vistaprint, probably could have got them cheaper on postage than what we did but we wanted them here sooner rather than later so paid that little bit more.

still not sorted insurance out (weekend job I think) but it WILL get done.

not really booked anything else, although have been speaking to a lovely friend in work who has offered to borrow me all manner of things towards centrepieces (vases, mirror plates, etc.)- massive savings to be had me thinks!; her veil and tiara if I fancy them (if they go with my dress - not even looked yet!); plus she has given me a huge list of recommendations - will only be able to use some of them as I'm getting married away from where I live now but some could turn out to be really useful.

x
  • Nic_Noc_Noo
    Options
    Olokia wrote: »
    I wish my registrar fee was only £235 :(

Mine is £483.50 :eek: plus £67 for notice of marriage

it definitely varies on where you are getting married - if I was to get married in a hotel in the area where I actually live, it would prob cost me another £100!! :eek:
  • dollymix84
    dollymix84 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all... I'm also a October 2012 bride to be ... Saturday 6th October 2012. Have sorted church, reception venue, photographer and insurance but living abroad until July so the rest will have to wait until I get back. I'll be the same as Nic Noc Noo, getting married in my hometown in the southeast and going to be living in Liverpool!
    :love: Married 06/10/12 - Best day of my life :love:
  • MrsDS2be
    Options
    Welcome dollymix84 & good Luck with your planning
  • Nic_Noc_Noo
    Options
    dollymix84 wrote: »
    Hi all... I'm also a October 2012 bride to be ... Saturday 6th October 2012. Have sorted church, reception venue, photographer and insurance but living abroad until July so the rest will have to wait until I get back. I'll be the same as Nic Noc Noo, getting married in my hometown in the southeast and going to be living in Liverpool!

hey there dollymix! welcome to the thread.

how are you getting on with organising things from a distance? I'm really lucky in that my mum and dad are being really proactive in asking friends/family for recommendations/suppliers in the area...my dad is getting cars sorted (former workmate + mates rates); DJ (former/current workmate, can't remember which but he's really good = more mates rates!); possible photographer (another workmate but he is qualified and now does it as a side venture = MAJOR savings to be had! again mates rates)

one thing i'm unsure about is where to look/buy my wedding dress from...thinking look locally won't have to travel far for alterations BUT if i need them [bridal person] to fit me into the dress on the day would I be better going to my hometown (or nearby) to look for dresses...dilemma!!! all i know at this stage is, if i went looking at dresses without my mother I would be skinned alive!! :eek:
  • dollymix84
    Options
    hey there dollymix! welcome to the thread.

how are you getting on with organising things from a distance? I'm really lucky in that my mum and dad are being really proactive in asking friends/family for recommendations/suppliers in the area...my dad is getting cars sorted (former workmate + mates rates); DJ (former/current workmate, can't remember which but he's really good = more mates rates!); possible photographer (another workmate but he is qualified and now does it as a side venture = MAJOR savings to be had! again mates rates)

one thing i'm unsure about is where to look/buy my wedding dress from...thinking look locally won't have to travel far for alterations BUT if i need them [bridal person] to fit me into the dress on the day would I be better going to my hometown (or nearby) to look for dresses...dilemma!!! all i know at this stage is, if i went looking at dresses without my mother I would be skinned alive!! :eek:

Ditto about trying on dresses without my mum.. she would be very upset!

When are you going to look at dresses? I tried on some when I was in the UK in February, just to get an idea, but might look properly in July when I'm permanently back.

Also not sure where to look though - Liverpool will be easier to get my dress altered and also I imagine cheaper - but harder to hide the dress from H2B prior to the wedding!

Think I'm going to go back to my hometown for a weekend every couple of months to sort wedding things - in the meantime I'm making lists of suppliers (eg florists) that I want to look at when I'm back .
  • MrsDS2be
    Options
    Where are you living at the moment Dollymix?
    My mums pretty easy going tbh i think she'd be disappointed but not mad.

We booked a magician yesterday. :jWe'll have him from 3pm til midnight for £295. He's ace!

Next on our list is to book a band, string trio and the photographer and ill start looking at dressess again.
  • dollymix84
    Options
    MrsDS2be wrote: »
    Where are you living at the moment Dollymix?
    My mums pretty easy going tbh i think she'd be disappointed but not mad.

We booked a magician yesterday. :jWe'll have him from 3pm til midnight for £295. He's ace!

Next on our list is to book a band, string trio and the photographer and ill start looking at dressess again.

I'm living in Sydney currently, it's lovely but looking forward to being back in the UK to get on with wedding-y stuff!:T

£295 is an amazing price for a magician, I'd like to have a magician but the ones I've looked at seem to be quite expensive. Where is your magician based?

My mum was hinting about having either a string quartet or harpist as well, but it all adds up!
  • MrsDS2be
    Options
    Wow that is some distance:)

The quartet we was looking at was 460 for 3 hours, but were going with a trio for 3 hours and thats 360.

the magician is based in warrington and hes been doing it for 20 years
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills