Energy: Find the cheapest supplier & earn cashback

Comments

• I've just switched (well asked to be...) and looked at most of the witching sites prior to hitting the button (and looked a couple of weeks ago)

U-Switch do not have Scottish Power on the list today - Who else are they missing?

Switched to SP via energyhelpline.
  • Terrylw1 wrote: »
    Hi,

SP used to be the energy supplier for Sainsburys Energy. They changed to EDF on 06/09/2006 so what you have been told is incorrect if you joined them after this date.

Here's some info. If you were with Sainsbury Energy before then, I'm afraid you have just done a normal switch so you will lose out on the cashback.

Worth doing a Google search of these shopfront companies just incase in the future. Nothing stopping you switching after a month so if you spot something better with cashback, it may be worth it.

Everyone needs to be careful on MS anyway as they don't let you keep getting this cashback.

http://www.edfenergytrust.org.uk/aboutnews.html

For Flyball

Terrylw1 is correct in saying that Sainsburys Energy is now supplied by EDF Energy but on the basis of your post there does not appear to be any reason why you should not receive your cashback from Moneysupermarket.
    If you email me [EMAIL="paul.schofield@,moneysupermarket.com"]paul.schofield@,moneysupermarket.com[/EMAIL] and can tell me when you applied I will be pleased to investigate.
  • Considering the recent announcements of "difficult trading conditions" and hikes in tracker rates at BG & nPower, it suggested to me that this would well be the way forward. Switching to Southern was actually £4 (wow) a year cheaper, only c.£25 more per year than the cheapest dual fuel, got me £30 cashback and guards me against price hikes (that appear inevitable) in the next 12 months.
    Just my opinion of course :o
    Let me Google that for you...
  • feefee_3
    feefee_3 Posts: 111 Forumite
    has any one either using spark or has any info think they might be cheaper than scottish power who has made a mess of my account so would like to change supplier as i have no trust in scottish power
    Named after my cat, picture coming shortly
  • poppy10_2
    poppy10_2 Posts: 6,575 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    The nPower figures are negative when they should be positive - they just put their prices UP, not down. Get your red ink out, MSE Martin.
    poppy10
  • poppy10 wrote: »
    The nPower figures are negative when they should be positive - they just put their prices UP, not down. Get your red ink out, MSE Martin.

I wondered about that too - I thought it was just me being silly ...

I was on Gas Guardian 2008 so it looks like I am in for a substantial hike in cost if I stay with npower. No point in switching until the rest get their announcements out.

I'm fed up with npower because I paid out over £900 and only used £750 in fuel over the past year. :mad: I've had money back off them every single year for the past 4 years because they won't reduce my monthly payments enough.
    Debt Free since Feb 2007 :T
  • fusty
    fusty Posts: 887 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Just a quick 'Thank You', changed Elec & Gas supplier following advice on this site, just received my cashback cheque, brilliant!!
    cheers
    :beer:
  • Anyone else had problems with Scottish Power, arranged a dual fuel switch and they only took my gas. Now stuck in limbo with both fuels in different places and no duel fuel discount with either supplier. Not helping is Scottish Power customer service which is dreadful.
  • mud7dan
    mud7dan Posts: 33 Forumite
    ive never moved! price two bills 840 price. bg £35 and edf £35month.im nervous of how to change? should i now or wait?
  • Terrylw1
    Terrylw1 Posts: 7,038 Forumite
    mud7dan wrote: »
    ive never moved! price two bills 840 price. bg £35 and edf £35month.im nervous of how to change? should i now or wait?

It's relatively simple. Makesure you take a reading and give it to your new Supplier. They will pass it on for you. Then if you old Supplier hasn't used that as the final reading, you ask them to and they will.

Changing Suppliers takes 4-6 weeks for most people and it's very much between the your new & old Supplier and you don't need to have much contact with anyone if it all goes ok.

It's worth noting as well that you hear a lot of horror stories about switching but most customers don't have problems, you just only hear the bad stories.
    :rotfl: It's better to live 1 year as a tiger than a lifetime as a worm...but then, whoever heard of a wormskin rug!!!:rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback