New IOS update problem

I updated my iPad to 13.1.2 & since then one particular website keeps crashing. It’s not the sites problem as I can load the page on my iPad mini, and my OH iPad. This happened a few months ago too and I solved it by restoring a previous back up. But it’s not worked this time. Any ideas how to solve it because I need to use this website for a project.
:smileyhea A SMILE COSTS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Comments

• dan958
    dan958 Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Try clearing your the internet browsers cached files; https://www.refreshyourcache.com/en/home/

then try the site again
  • spadoosh
    spadoosh Posts: 8,732 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    A VPN should offer a work around providing site access isnt compromised by using one.
  • You could try checking the browser settings, also try downloading another browser and trying that, I prefer Firefox.

What is the site? It’s very unlikely the update is the problem, more likely the site is poorly written, or there is a default setting that has changed in the browser.
  • Katykat
    Katykat Posts: 1,743 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I did already clear the history & website data ( ? No separate button for cached files) but I did it again, no improvement. I don’t really want to subscribe to a VPN. I will try a different browser, it’s the family search website. It works fine on my OH iPad. Incidentally, Apple have just brought out yet another update already, with bug fixes, so I’ll try that first.
  • Which family search site? If you post a link we can maybe help.
  • Katykat
    Katykat Posts: 1,743 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Which family search site? If you post a link we can maybe help.
    It’s https://www.familysearch.org
    It’s the website, not the app. I can open the main site & access the tree but when I click the Search button, it crashes. I can then go back into my tree again & it’s fine. So it’s just the search facility that’s the problem. Incidentally F U N ( I like that name) I downloaded Firefox and it’s working fine with that. I’m not sure I like the interface on Firefox but I can use it for searching. So it seems it’s Safari that’s the problem.
  • I followed the link and did a basic surname, date, search in Safari and it didn’t crash. I’m using iOS 13.1.3, in Safari I have all the “switches” for pop ups, cross site tracking, etc turned to “off”. Maybe it’s one of those turned “on” that caused the crash?
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,621 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    I just tried a search and it didn't crash, I haven't changed any Safari settings.
    ====
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport