Gallygirl's "A journey of 121,226.67 pounds begins with a single penny" diary

Comments

• taka
    taka Posts: 3,483 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Happy new diary and new year! _party_
    Mortgage free as of 12/08/20!
    MFiT-5 no 45
    You can't fly with one foot on the ground!
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Hi folks - this is not GG (but she will leave her lappie on). She goes on at me for daring to let the water run when l brush my teeth!!!

As you can probably work out I am her far better looking other half who has to put up with her eternal mutterings about things like - "I want to start a new diary blah blah blah" only to be encouraged by these responses. Don't do it - tell her to go back to the 92 months left diary.

Anyway I have been nursing her all day while she has played on this - and now off to cook dinner - as she is "poorly sick" and doing her best to share that particular burden.

Have a good New Year all ........ I could populate quite a few of the years above. Suspect that would be fun but am going to skulk off now before I get caught.

Happy New Year GG. Can't find any of those smilies you are so obsessed with - but you know the one I'd put
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl wrote: »

Anyway I have been nursing her all day while she has played on this - and now off to cook dinner - as she is "poorly sick" and doing her best to share that particular burden.

Nursing me all day?????? Don't make me laugh. 2 cups of tea and emptied the dishwasher - even then you had to have a rest 1/2 way through, and left the carving fork in there!

Can't find any of those smilies you are so obsessed with - but you know the one I'd put

What - these ones? :kisses3::kisses2::smileyhea:happylove:iloveyou:
    Happy New Year GG.

Happy New Year to you too Mr Curmudgeonly smiley-love038.gif
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • twinklie
    twinklie Posts: 5,052 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    That made me laugh soooooooo much. Bless you both - very cute. x
    Reduction in daily mortgage interest since October 23 - £0.31 (started new mortgage)
    % of house owned/% of mortgage paid off. December 23 - 32.30%/24.54%
    MFiT-T6 #5
    MFW 2024 #6
    MF Date: Oct 37 May 37
  • gallygirl
    Cute???????? Don't make me laugh! Mr GG may be many things but cute he ain't :rotfl:
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Lovely new diary!
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • cha97michelle
    cha97michelle Posts: 5,818 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Happy new year and new diary. :beer:
  • gallygirl
    Well, still feeling pooey and beginning to wonder if I'll be up to going back to work :(. I wanted to do a little bit today but couldn't concentrate so gave up :(.

I have managed to achieve some things:
    - tree down and away, living room hoovered & tidy and Yankee candle burning nicely
    - went to Lidl and bought 3 packs of 1/2 price dishwasher tablets :)
    - currently using Finish Quantamatic device thingy - £10 reduced to £5, had a £5 off voucher so free :j. Lasts 10 washes. What a palaver to get it out of packaging & you can't use with a rinse so need to take it out. Won't be buying refills (unless on a similar free offer!)
    - as I had used the £5 voucher I've made a £5 payment to BTL mortgage - 1st OP of the year :j
    - had an email with my power bill from npower yesterday - ho, ho ho, Happy New Year :o. Actually, I was quite happy as I'm getting a £141 refund. The gas had been underestimated but am still in credit :). So that will be another BTL OP in a week or so :j
    - also an email to say quidco payment of £16 on the way, so that will be another OP :j
    - defrosted freezer after Mr GG left it slightly open - all the food was solid but iced up. Emptied other freezer and reorganised them both so can meal plan better :j
    - made some chicken curry and leek & potato soup. Em, made soup in pressure cooker and it sort of erupted a bit _pale_. Probably lost a portion :o

Hoping to feel better tomorrow so I can have a good tidy up. Still need to paint the doors in the bedroom - hopefully will be able to do at weekend, but there is a lot of 'stuff' lying about which needs a home. Just finishing off the last of the wine before tomorrow (thanks a lot Michelle......) then will have an early night - leccy blanket is on :)
  • TallGirl
    TallGirl Posts: 5,544 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Way a new diary, Happy New Year GallyGirl
    Save £12k in 24 No 50
    PB Win 21 £225, 22 £275, 23 £900, Balance Mar  £30,850 + £12K added to pension) (Wins 24 Jan £200 Feb £150 Mar £75 Apr £125) 
    Plan to move to Denmark for FIRE by 2028 “May your decisions reflect your hopes not your fears”
    New diary aiming for fire https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6414795/mortgage-free-now-aiming-for-fire#latest

• You all protest too much at me. :rotfl:

Sorry you are still feeling yucky. Hope it goes overnight.

Pack of Lindt choccies and my Baileys decluttered. I'm all ready here. ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure