Martin Q&A about his work and the site

Comments

• What has been your most memorable TV apperance.
    And what has been your most memorable post on MSE Forums?
  • Noctu
    Noctu Posts: 1,553
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Have you ever been in debt yourself?
  • Do you ever think that the site will kill "Golden Geese", for example, will we see the debt of rate tarting and stoozing because of too many people on the band wagon?
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,195
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    ooh fab thread :T

martin - what is your vision of the future for the site? what are your goals?
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • Bogart
    Bogart Posts: 23 Forumite
    Do you have any thoughts on how to balance shopping ethically and saving money, and whether this is likely to lead to a problem for ethically-minded MSE-ers in the future?

I really want to support local producers, organic or impact-neutral suppliers, etc but it is much more expensive.
  • EagerLearner
    EagerLearner Posts: 4,976 Forumite
    Do you remember your very first money-saving/enterprising activity? Mine for example was waking up at 6am and collecting seafood, then selling at a local market when I was around 9...

Also, I know it's cheeky but I've spotted spellos in the weekly e-mails, if you don't have a proof-reader - can I be one!
    MFW #185
    Mortgage slowly being offset! £86,987 /58,742 virtual balance
    Original mortgage free date 2037/ Now Nov 2034 and counting :T
    YNAB lover :D
  • I'm not going to get too detailed into my private life (the MSG would kill me)

Oh dear Martin - if you are overdoing it with the Mono Sodium Glutamate, perhaps you should cut down on the Chinese takeaways. icon12.gif

Question: (Without naming names) Have any of the "big boy" companies tried to lean on your website and apply pressure to try to protect their extensive profit margins? I mean if they are selling product X for 10 pounds, and you show us how to buy it off them for 9 pounds, this won't always make you super popular with some of their directors !
    [ Eat, Drink and be Merry - for tomorrow we get the bill ]
  • ukmonkey
    ukmonkey Posts: 3,024
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    My, question (and I'm sure if you read my sig you'll understand why I ask...!) is:

Do you have a good relationship with your bank, and have they ever said anything to you about you supporting us (ConsumerActionGroup) in helping people recover unlawful bank charges?
  • pandas66
    pandas66 Posts: 18,811 Forumite
    Are you asked more frequently for your autograph now?
    Panda xx

:Tg :jo:Dn ;)e:Dn;)o:jw :T :eek:

missing kipper No 2.....:cool:
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,195
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    pandas66 wrote:
    Are you asked more frequently for your autograph now?

and in a similar vein, what impact does your fame/infamy have on your life? apart from invites to all the right parties, what other perks does it bring?
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family