YouGov

Comments

• mikep22 wrote: »
    Like others I do every survey sent and I am at 2200 points after about 6 months.
    I'm the same, started YouGov back in February and have just passed 2500 after doing every survey except the prize draw ones.
  • It takes me about 3 years to get enough points for the £50 payout. I do every survey I get sent

That sounds like a bit of a pain..... tell me ... (he said, almost hesitating to ask this....:( ) ...... are these £50 payouts classed as taxable income? Are you meant to declare them on a tax form :eek: ?

I've thought about joining, but helping a company earn profits in exchange for a taxable £50 every three years isn't terribly exciting.....

WR
  • Wild_Rover wrote: »
    That sounds like a bit of a pain..... tell me ... (he said, almost hesitating to ask this....:( ) ...... are these £50 payouts classed as taxable income? Are you meant to declare them on a tax form :eek: ?

This post from the SwagBucks thread probably applies as much here as it does there:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72730208
  • Mrs_Soup
    Mrs_Soup Posts: 1,154
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Is it a thing with You gov to get occasional surveys which don't have any questions in them but you still get 25 points by clicking through it?
  • I don't think I've seen one with no questions before, but I have had a few 25p surveys which just asked did I watch any TV yesterday and if so what did I think of the programs.
  • Mrs_Soup wrote: »
    How do you set it to send surveys as often as possible? I do everything I get sent but its never more than twice a week.

Twice a week!:eek:. I consider myself unbelievably lucky if I get 2 a month and I always complete everything I get sent.
  • zzzt
    zzzt Posts: 406
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    edited 7 October 2017 at 3:02PM
    Where do you set the amount of surveys to get in YouGov? I don't see any option for it.

That said, I've been getting on average 2-3 per week. I think that part of it is whether you meet their criteria to make up a balanced proportion of the population, based on age and demographics etc. I expect that with time, I too will get less, and I'm only getting so many now as someone that recently signed up.

I have been driven off Pinecone Research, unfortunately. I used to get one study every 1-2 weeks from them, which meant a £20 Amazon voucher every 2-3 months.

Then one day they just stopped giving me any surveys. After 6 months I finally got given one, and when I tried to do it it said my user ID was invalid.

I emailed them and they fixed it for me. It was another two months until I got another study emailed to me, and that one had already expired, and also wouldn't let me log in.

I think that I wasn't answering questions satisfactorily (answering them too honestly probably), because I basically don't eat the kinds of products they kept asking me about, which was almost universally junk food and fizzy drinks, because let's face it, those are the most marketed products where the big money is, and I am someone who their best efforts at marketing would never work on. So every survey I was answering "how many will you buy" with 0, "how many if x", 0, "how many of this type of product do you normally buy in a week, month, year", 0, etc.
  • To set amount of surveys, go to your account options and it is one of the options under 'settings.

I used it regularly about a year ago and got up to 1300 points. I've been checking again for the past fortnight and no invited surveys yet.

Does anyone complete the profile stuff by responding to survey questions in their feed? And does this have any impact on whether you're likely to get invited to surveys?
  • Johnas
    Johnas Posts: 10 Forumite
    Just give them a miss
  • Gizmo72
    Gizmo72 Posts: 82
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    I got enough points for a £50 cheque from YouGov once, but I never got it. I think the problem was I put the wrong building society account number in, but I tried several different numbers and only one would fit.
    "A dog will sit next to you while you work. A cat will sit on the work."
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure