PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weight Loss the Old Style Way! Part 10. Please read posts 1 and 2 before posting.

Comments

• TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I look like a weeble on short thin legs.....or a cartoon haggis....with crazy grey hair!
    I carry most of my weight round my tummy where it is most dangerous....and I find clothes buying a nightmare and the doc wants me to lose 10kg now....
    My knees are taped up...I carry too much weight for them.
    I got home at 10 this morning:(

Had croissant on train, omelette for lunch, will be roast veggies for dinner...DH is cooking as I am helping someone with English this afternoon.
    Tomorrow I have the i grefients for Greek salad, and veg soup in the evening.
  • MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,564
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Senior Ambassador
    Afternoon all.

It should be WI today but the number was ridiculously up for no reason so I am going to try again tomorrow. If it is still the same tomorrow then I will accept it (grudgingly).

B: stewed apple, blackcurrant compote, dash of maple syrup
    L: leftover pasta bake with lots of veg
    D: chicken somehow

50 min dog walk.
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    mally i do that....also clamber back on to the scales 3 or so times just to check

not having a good day there are sweets and doughnuts around the kitchen...i dont even like doughnuts but keep thinking one wouldnt hurt it is halloween...not too hopeful for tomorrow but havent been bad....yet so will see

xx
    onwards and upwards
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    mally i do that....also clamber back on to the scales 3 or so times just to check

not having a good day there are sweets and doughnuts around the kitchen...i dont even like doughnuts but keep thinking one wouldnt hurt it is halloween...not too hopeful for tomorrow but havent been bad....yet so will see

xx

Me too, I've even been known to weigh myself in the middle of the night if I have to get up :(

Also not a good day here, friend came to lunch so it was pate and toast - i kept putting butter on the toast and ate loads, followed by a very gooey and moreish cake. I must have eaten enough carbs to last a week. No doubt the scales will soar skywards tomorrow, perhaps I'll give weighing a miss. :o
  • dandy-candy
    dandy-candy Posts: 2,213
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Halloween is such a tough night to be good! I bought mini bar multipacks for the trick or treaters, and they included snickers. With so many kids having nut allergies I thought I wouldn't give them out, so I've been eating them....
    Back to the diet tomorrow!
  • monnagran
    monnagran Posts: 5,284
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite

xx

Me too. I hop on and off the scales like a demented frog.

We don't get trick or treaters here. Much too upmarket dahling. So absolutely no excuse for having sweeties around. Dash it!

Food today....

Br. boiled egg & CB

Lunch. 1oz cheese & salary bits with a spoonful of garlic mayonnaise as a dip.

My mind wouldn't shift away from chocolate this evening so indulged in an Options drink. A chocolatey hit for 40 calories.
    I believe that friends are quiet angels
    Who lift us to our feet when our wings
    Have trouble remembering how to fly.
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Good morning.
    Wonderful sleep in my own bed.
    B. Black coffee
    Rest of day.....greek salad.
    Possibly cocoa after rehearsal.

I have to walk to the village this morning for my meds...bum too sore to cycle. I'll run or gym tomorrow.
    It's very cold but sunny. I'm going to swop my summer clothes into storage today.

Hope you all have a great day.
  • Maisie_M
    Maisie_M Posts: 1,524
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Morning all

Busy day yesterday as we had dress up for hallowe'en for staff and pupils then took DS2 out with his friends last night. The weather was rank so we only stayed out half an hour came home had hot baths and changed into our jim jams and waited for people coming to us

Lots of steps so happy with that aspect. Food was also good yesterday as I avoided the halloween goodies in the staff room.

I have just realised that I have nothing on at all for November so a good month to have a concerted effort on the weightloss front.

Breakfast: omlette with mushrooms and tomato
    lunch: beef sandwich yoghurt and satsumas
    dinner: spinach and ricotta lasagne (a sainsburys BGTY one as I have it in the freezer to use up)
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    Morning all.

I too am a scales hopper.

Ran yesterday and skipped in the driveway when I got back, I skip like boxers do and I did 1000 non stop, it's fine whilst I'm doing it but when I stop good grief I can feel it.

Will do the same exercise today plus I will take the dog to the woods too.

B/F banana smoothie, fruit toast & flora, coffee
    Lunch - 2 slices seeded bread, banana, yoghurt, tea
    Tea - white fish and roasted vegetables, tea.

Stay strong everyone.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • donnajt
    donnajt Posts: 1,085
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Morning all, i had my PIP assessment yesterday which completely tipped my anxiety levels on their head - ended up have a massive binge and an upset stomach - i suffer with ibs - i also ate bulgar wheat for first time on Tuesday - never again - so bloated, so today is high fibre and high veg get things back on track, dreading weigh in tomorrow, fingers crossed its a small loss or at least sts

good luck for all those weighing in today xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport