IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking eye + Equita PLEASE READ

Comments

• pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Beamerguy ,

did you know that parking eye went to the government for a "start up loan" when they started ? yup a little qwuango lent them many £0000 of pounds and held onto (I think it was) 8% of the shares , until crapita paid , (from memory) £52 million for them

edit £57.7 million http://www.capita.co.uk/news-and-opinion/news/2013/capita-acquires-parkingeye

I can dig the loan page out if you want it
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    Beamerguy ,

did you know that parking eye went to the government for a "start up loan" when they started ? yup a little qwuango lent them many £0000 of pounds and held onto (I think it was) 8% of the shares , until crapita paid , (from memory) £52 million for them

edit £57.7 million http://www.capita.co.uk/news-and-opinion/news/2013/capita-acquires-parkingeye

I can dig the loan page out if you want it

I did not know that, interesting, so Capita are fully aware that there little subs are scamming and threatening people I guess maybe, the instructions to do this actually came from Capita to recoup monies. What is the link between Capita, the government and the legal system then ?

Hey this is getting very interesting and disturbing. Right now I am off to bed so I will see your reply early tomorrow
  • 4consumerrights
    4consumerrights Posts: 2,002 Forumite
    edited 12 December 2015 at 1:02AM
    pappa_golf wrote: »

as last page , if you want to add or amend my first posting then PM me if you think your additions might assist

Why are you so keen for people to pm you?

i am quite happy to leave the thread as it stands as you and BeamerGuy are proving to be quite double act...
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    crapita (as stated above) provide a lot of services to our government and local authorities

DVLA , but I think they lost that one
    London congestion charge chacing
    TV licence hunting
    and a lot of services to the court service
    they have their fingers in a lot of pies and grow bigger and bigger each year

they will soon be the new "Skynet" /Cyberdyne Systems (terminator) or whatever , very soon
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post

i am quite happy to leave the thread as it stands as your and BeamerGuy are proving to be quite double act...

not bothered , but you as a undisclosed member of a appeal company might have had something to add .

in fact , seeing as how you have joined the discussion , please take over.
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • yotmon
    yotmon Posts: 484 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Capita also do the admin for a lot of government pensions schemes and payrolls, especially the Police service.

To pay out £57 million, you would want to see a good return on your investment - no wonder the letters are coming thick and fast !
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    beamerguy wrote: »
    The lady does not want to do that as she said "Yeah right" and clearly does not want her daughter harassed.
    But it is up to the lady what she decides to do

Sorry, back to page 3....

We have had 4 battles with PE. Won 3 and lost 1. We only lost one as another daughter did not want to bother with court and we settled for £60 by mediation. To be fair she did break the parking rules at the car park, so we were fighting the claim on technical issues.

But this Equita thing is just ridiculous as we and I am sure most people have no idea what the debt was.

I am not giving them my daughters address in the USA as I don't want her troubled by it. I may however send them a letter to say that the person they seek is no longer resident at this address.... I will do the same with all other correspondence should there be any. See what happens.
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post

i am quite happy to leave the thread as it stands as you and BeamerGuy are proving to be quite double act...

People can pm me as well, no problem with that is there if they want a private conversation ?

No double act ??? We are asking questions, looking for answers, that's what people want is answers, and rightfully so with the way they being scammed right now, why not help ?
  • bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    N9eav wrote: »
    I am not giving them my daughters address in the USA as I don't want her troubled by it.

So just let them get a default judgment against her then, that will not be any trouble for her will it? Especially if she wants or needs to reside in the UK again any time in the next 6 years.

It is highly unlikely that they would contact her in the US if they had her address, but even if they did, so what? What is so troublesome about throwing a letter in the bin? They have no practicable way of pursuing a non-UK resident other than simply begging.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 December 2015 at 9:36AM
    Y'know, I don't have a problem with newbies wandering around here in wide-eyed amazement about this brazen "industry", and wanting to see something done about it, but they are doing no-one any favours by pretending they are experts, trying to teach their grandmothers to suck eggs, and giving frequently-wrong advice.
    Je suis Charlie.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport